News: Steven Stamkos to hit free agency on July 1st

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Is it true Tampa offered Stamkos extension with $3m AAV?
LeBrun speculated that they offered him something like 3M x 8 years as they did something similar with Killorn last year.
6x7p6eh11d9d1.jpg

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Please Carolina. Don’t care about 5v5 play. Stamkos is meaningful change for a PP that is a woeful 14.9% under Rod in the playoffs in this era. It has cost them games and potentially series. Imo, the lack of a shooter from the halfwall that can just overpower a goalie when the puck isn’t moving effectively is the biggest reason why.

Reactions: Curufinwe

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We need signings at forward, D and a goalie.
Stamkos is more of the same for you though. He is a good fit for us right now, because, well, our middle-six is bad. For you guys though? It seems like a pure scorer who's not great 5v5 or (usually) in the playoffs is the last thing you need. (Note: Stamkos HAS had good playoffs, and was our one bright spot vs. Florida, but I mean... it was 5 games. Typically he's just okay.)

I also don't see him giving the Leafs the kind of discount being talked about for TB. The main reason this is angering TB fans so much is Stamkos is offering us a massive, massive discount, but it seems like JBB is intent on just moving on regardless.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I still feel like he's going to end up with Tampa somehow but either way this is probably the most interesting player this free agency season.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I think Edmonton would be Hype.

Something about

Hyman - Mcdavid - Stamkos
RNH - Draisatl - Holloway

And a PP1 of

Hyman
Stamkos - Mcdavid - Draisatl
Bouchard

Sounds so dirty
Yea, your team totally needs more help scoring goals, especially on the power play. While not being a fan of your team, I'd presume your club has alot more pressing matters then adding another winger to a line where it's totally unnecessary lol.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Yea, your team totally needs more help scoring goals, especially on the power play. While not being a fan of your team, I'd presume your club has alot more pressing matters then adding another winger to a line where it's totally unnecessary lol.

I'm not an oilers fan, I watch them every now and then (5-10 games per year) cause I enjoy watching mcdavid. I'm a Habs fan.

It would be fun to watch is all I'm saying.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I'm not an oilers fan, I watch them every now and then (5-10 games per year) cause I enjoy watching mcdavid. I'm a Habs fan.

It would be fun to watch is all I'm saying.
Fair enough. True it would be very entertaining. No lies told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad