Confirmed with Link: Steven Lorentz signs PTO with Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Need a 3C to replace him then and run a 3rd line that can shut teams down... likely more expensive.

Why do we need the 3rd line to shut down teams, instead of the 4th? Does it matter which line is the shut down line, and which provides some secondary offense?

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Bear with me with this one…

IF the leafs still sign Hakanpaa, they will only have $875,000 left. (I still think this is happening, but call me crazy)

If Cowan impresses at Camp, they will not have space for him on the team.

Lorentz allows the leafs to Pivot off a Dewar (or Reaves but unlikely) to make room for Cowan.

This is exactly what they did last year with Gregor and Lafferty.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
They need a different culture, not sure if these moves will do anything but the certainty do not have a winning culture right now
They’ve tried to bring “culture” in on many instances, what they need is to take “culture” out, then you fix the real problem……..

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Scored a pretty sick goal with the nice tip against Boston.
It was actually a big goal seeing they were down 1-0 in the series and 1-0 in the game.

Reactions: Menzinger

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Bear with me with this one…

IF the leafs still sign Hakanpaa, they will only have $875,000 left. (I still think this is happening, but call me crazy)

If Cowan impresses at Camp, they will not have space for him on the team.

Lorentz allows the leafs to Pivot off a Dewar (or Reaves but unlikely) to make room for Cowan.

This is exactly what they did last year with Gregor and Lafferty.
I think Hakanpaa fell through. Its a deadwood.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
They need a different culture, not sure if these moves will do anything but the certainty do not have a winning culture right now
How many players did the Panthers lose, along with Lorentz?

OEL
Montour
Stolarz
Stenlund
Lomberg

Among the players Florida lost: defensemen Brandon Montour (seven years, $50 million with the Seattle Kraken) and Oliver Ekman-Larsson (four years, $14 million with the Toronto Maple Leafs), forwards Kevin Stenlund (two years, $2 million with the Utah Hockey Club) and Ryan Lomberg (two years, $2 million with the Calgary Flames), and backup goaltender Anthony Stolarz (two years, $5 million with Toronto). Each player had a pivotal role in the Panthers winning the Cup.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nhl/florida-panthers/article289623596.html#storylink=cpy

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
He played well last night.

I could see him, Dewar, and someone who isn't Reaves (at least all the time) making a good and cost-friendly fourth line.

Yep, that's the formula right there. They don't need to play every single night but that's 2/3 of an effective, likeable hardworking 4th you can win with imo. Maybe give Holmberg a shot in the middle to start, upgrade at the deadline if the mix doesn't work. Or Minten could become an option later in the year.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I thought he looked very solid and I prefer his size and enter ability over other options we have.

He’s on my final roster.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Pretty meh on him. Just don’t see who he would replace on the team and how that would make us better. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike him, he can be useful, but I just don’t see who he replaces that makes us better.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Berube threw the 4th line out last night after each goal.

Looks to be his trusted energy line.
top 6 was a little hurt without Nylander and Tavares so he played the 3rd and 4th quite a bit. Was good for Holmberg imo because I think Berube is starting to really like him and he even put him out to defend the lead before Kampf.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Berube threw the 4th line out last night after each goal.

Looks to be his trusted energy line.
Likely challenging them to see how they’d handle the pushback. Seems like
Keefe did that all the time but could be I’m misremembering.
Hopefully it doesn’t occur in the regular season

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto

Seems like a genuinely likeable guy.

Pulling for him to be signed to a contract and contributing to our 4th line.

Reactions: rumman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad