Confirmed with Link: Steven Lorentz signs PTO with Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
If he could improve in the faceoff dot or even Dewar then I think he would be a much better fit for how we want our 4th line to be with Reaves. Unless Kampf is moved I just see him coming in and out of the lineup throughout the season with Reaves,

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Can we stop acting like a Stanley Cup run is the be all end all. I know nothing about this player, if he earns a spot power to him.

But how many players who were on recent cup winners or deep runs with other teams have come here and made zero difference in recent years?

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Can we stop acting like a Stanley Cup run is the be all end all. I know nothing about this player, if he earns a spot power to him.

But how many players who were on recent cup winners or deep runs with other teams have come here and made zero difference in recent years?
Ryan O'Reilly was really good.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Leafs may be adding 3x ex-Panthers to bring a little different culture to the team. 1x on F, 1x on D, 1x in G. Not sure how effective it will be but at least they’re going for recent winners.

Definitely the guys who pushed Florida over the edge...

4th liner, bottom pairing D, and a backup goalie.

Cup or bust.

If he could improve in the faceoff dot or even Dewar then I think he would be a much better fit for how we want our 4th line to be with Reaves. Unless Kampf is moved I just see him coming in and out of the lineup throughout the season with Reaves,

Do we want the 4th line to be unplayable?

A better option would be to push Reaves to the pressbox.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Definitely the guys who pushed Florida over the edge...

4th liner, bottom pairing D, and a backup goalie.

Cup or bust.

Do we want the 4th line to be unplayable?

A better option would be to push Reaves to the pressbox.
Replacing Kampf with Lorentz makes that line unplayable now when that line was pretty damn good the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs? I don't see how playing someone who would compliment the wingers on that line more than Kampf does and free up some cap space makes that line unplayable.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
What is there to complain about on a PTO, we didn't send the invite to Barkov?

Nothing... the PTO is fine, it was just an odd comment about how we are adding proven winners by targeting the people who played the least on the cup winning team.

Replacing Kampf with Lorentz makes that line unplayable now when that line was pretty damn good the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs? I don't see how playing someone who would compliment the wingers on that line more than Kampf does and free up some cap space makes that line unplayable.

Reaves just sucks, no one compliments him well, he's just about 40 too.

Kampf is useful on the PK and as a defensive C.

We need two defensive lines, Matthews' line can be one, and who is #2?

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Nothing... the PTO is fine, it was just an odd comment about how we are adding proven winners by targeting the people who played the least on the cup winning team.

Reaves just sucks, no one compliments him well, he's just about 40 too.

Kampf is useful on the PK and as a defensive C.

We need two defensive lines, Matthews' line can be one, and who is #2?
Didn’t Kampf start playing well when complimented with the right players? Lafferty two years ago and Dewar last year. The problem is it has to be on the 4th line and for 2.4M it’s pretty steep. Teams entire 4th line cost less than that.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Didn’t Kampf start playing well when complimented with the right players? Lafferty two years ago and Dewar last year. The problem is it has to be on the 4th line and for 2.4M it’s pretty steep. Teams entire 4th line cost less than that.

Need a 3C to replace him then and run a 3rd line that can shut teams down... likely more expensive.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Well they were damn well were part of a winner weren't they?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Well they were damn well were part of a winner weren't they?

May as well sign Maroon while we are at it.

I don't think a bunch of 4th liners will change the culture of the team.

I also don't think Lorentz will be signed to a contract.

Nice to have extra bodies pushing for spots though.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
In a perfect world, this would be a sign that the Leafs have somehow found a deal to trade David Kampf and Nick Robertson for more of a "true" 3rd line C that has some offensive ability; leaving one of Dewar, Lorentz, Minten and Holmberg to occupy that 4th line C spot.

Realistically though, it's a PTO. They're looking at him as a guy that maybe fits better than Dewar, or Holmberg, or Reaves.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
In a perfect world, this would be a sign that the Leafs have somehow found a deal to trade David Kampf and Nick Robertson for more of a "true" 3rd line C that has some offensive ability; leaving one of Dewar, Lorentz, Minten and Holmberg to occupy that 4th line C spot.

Realistically though, it's a PTO. They're looking at him as a guy that maybe fits better than Dewar, or Holmberg, or Reaves.

I think he’s just this year’s Gregor or Aston-Reese.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The risk is low, even if the reward level is about the same. Can't complain about a Cup winner and playoff experience arriving on a PTO.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The risk is low, even if the reward level is about the same. Can't complain about a Cup winner and playoff experience arriving on a PTO.
The only risk is that he plays so well that he catches the eye of another team and signs with them.

Reactions: Buds17

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Lorentz will probably play more games than people expect. I like him as a 13th forward.

Berube likes 'em heavy on the wings. He's not an overwhelmingly physical player, but he's strong on the puck and hard to move, which is useful in a simplistic Berube breakout system.

PK fill-in, which we need more of. Was thinking we'd go Clutterbuck, but this is fine too.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Leafs may be adding 3x ex-Panthers to bring a little different culture to the team. 1x on F, 1x on D, 1x in G. Not sure how effective it will be but at least they’re going for recent winners.
They need a different culture, not sure if these moves will do anything but the certainty do not have a winning culture right now

Reactions: rumman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad