GDT: Young Stars Tournament - Game 2 - Winnipeg Jets vs Vancouver Canucks - Sunday, September 15th - 4:00 PM CDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Lambert is head and shoulders above the others.
But we seem to have some really nice pieces.
Agree that Salo hasn’t found his footing yet.
Yager has shown some flashes as well but still lots more I’m sure.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Lambert for and away the best Jets prospect. Yager has very impressive defensive positioning for such a young center. I'm very hopeful for his future. Salomonsson not very good. Hopefully this is a transition period, but I expected much more in this tourny.

Yup Yager is very good at disrupting in large part to his positioning and ability to read the play. Very happy with what I've seen from him so far and he'll have a couple years still to further grow his game before he's a factor for the Jets.

It's against other kids but Lambert does look ready. Don't really see the point in not giving him a shot at 2C with talented players. Name is always there if he isn't ready.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
As most are calling out, Lambert stands out as the most pro ready - lot of skill and the added weight (although not a ton) seems to give him a little more stability. Doesn't seem to be very concerned about taking a hit - maybe a bit too casual out there but I'm sure he'd be more aware if playing in the bigs.

I'd bring him up as a 4th line center and slot him into the second line with Cole and Ehlers here and there - let him get a taste of 4th line work and 2nd line skill. There's really no reason they couldn't take that approach.

Yager is the other guy that stands out but in a different way - he's looks like he's not out to impress anyone in a big way. He's very mindful of who is on the ice and the opportunities - but he doesn't force anything. Really like that approach for a guy his age - looking very promising.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Well a win would of been nice but this tourney is more about getting your feet wet and experience. That being said we have some nice prospects but most if not all are years away. Lambert at TC will be must see, pulling for him.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Judging by the way these guys dominated then got cocky and collapsed and gave up...I'd say they are all ready to be Jets...

After two games
1..lambert
2. Julien
3. Chib
4. Yager
5. Salo - I'm being generous

Everything else is scrap

Swapped he for yager because I think he prob benefitted from lambert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events