Steal of the 2023 draft

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
FWIW, he’s been a standout at Blues Rookie camp. He’s a puck hound with good speed and a heavy shot. Hes a leader and a standup kid. I think the Blues got a definite steal at 25.

also I would like to add Vorobyov in the 7th round. He’s been a surprise during camp and the fact he’s in the US playing in camp is really exciting. This kids got skill in spades and dropped because of the Russian factor. I don’t know his ceiling, but everyone who has seen him in camp have been seriously impressed.

Guess you liked the Blues draft 😎
Goldenhands has his pulse on Habs scouts for sure, he called Slaf and Reinbacher

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Beau Akey maybe? Homer Oilers vote. The guy would've gone first round had he not played behind Brandt Clarke.

Reactions: Nevins

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Too early but in the 1st I would’ve taken
Michkov
Stenberg
Benson
Ritchie

Higher than their draft slots.

Felt like Perron and Heidt and Allen went too late too. Time will tell

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If you ask me what 2 guys should have went much higher?

First 2 names that come into my head are Gabe Perreault & Jacob Fowler. So I'll say those 2.

Reactions: viceroy and Nevins

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Legit question if Unger Sörum and Suniev were both available at 80th, who would you pick? I mean I think you already know my choice.
Unger Sörum because if he was born a day later he’d be a lottery pick in 2024, probably top 10. But that doesn’t discredit Suniev. Curious, where did Unger Sörum come from in that conversation? Lol

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
There was one kid who was supposed to go at a certain spot but he went much later than that spot, I'd say him

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Guys I felt were much better than their landing spot:

Gabe Perreault 23rd oa - He was considered a top 10 talent by a lot of scouts Pronman polled

Mikhail Gulyayev 31st oa - He was 14th on my list, but the Avalanche somehow got him. He is small, but he can play in all situations and has faired pretty well as a pro already.

David Edstrom 32nd oa - He was 18th on my list. A two-way center that projects very well in the NHL as a center

Nick Lardis 67th oa - He was one of the biggest risers this year and was dominant in the OHL playoffs. He is easily a top 40 talent, if not a 1st round caliber player

Juraj Pekarcik 76th oa - I may be out to lunch with this one, but I had him ranked 24th oa. He might be my biggest surprise in my rankings outside of Lardis.

Luca Cagnoni 123rd oa - I wasn't very high on Luca, but he can run a pro power-play. I had him as a second rounder and even though he is small, he has too much offensive upside to be falling into the late 4th.

Last edited:
Reactions: Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad