Steal of the 2023 draft

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I had Benson ranked 5th…so 13 is a great pick

I also had Musty ranked a good bit higher.

Rykov in round 4 is just criminal

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Moore Ritchie Gibson Lardis Brustewicz and Rasmus Larsson seemed like great value picks.

Cristall if he can find another gear or 2 could be a home run for Wash

Michkov is the obvious one at the top but i get why teams are leery given his ability to walk away and dictate his terms. Benson and Yager i was a huge fan of leading up to this draft and wouldn't be surprised to see exceed their draft positions Wood also but lets be honest a lot of great potential players in 2023. Reminds me of 2015

Reactions: Nevins

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
EASILY Perreault at 23. 10+ teams are going to be kicking themselves.

You had Stenberg at 8?? :biglaugh:
FWIW, he’s been a standout at Blues Rookie camp. He’s a puck hound with good speed and a heavy shot. Hes a leader and a standup kid. I think the Blues got a definite steal at 25.

also I would like to add Vorobyov in the 7th round. He’s been a surprise during camp and the fact he’s in the US playing in camp is really exciting. This kids got skill in spades and dropped because of the Russian factor. I don’t know his ceiling, but everyone who has seen him in camp have been seriously impressed.

Gavin Brindley 34th OV (13th on my list)

Oliver Moore 19th OV (11th)

Maxim Strbak 45th OV (19th)

Stenberg 25th OV (8th)

Dvorsky 10th OV (6th)

Edstrom 32th OV (17th)

Wahlberg 39th OV (16th)

Bjarnason 51th OV (22th)
Guess you liked the Blues draft 😎

Reactions: Nevins

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
FWIW, he’s been a standout at Blues Rookie camp. He’s a puck hound with good speed and a heavy shot. Hes a leader and a standup kid. I think the Blues got a definite steal at 25.

also I would like to add Vorobyov in the 7th round. He’s been a surprise during camp and the fact he’s in the US playing in camp is really exciting. This kids got skill in spades and dropped because of the Russian factor. I don’t know his ceiling, but everyone who has seen him in camp have been seriously impressed.

Guess you liked the Blues draft 😎
Vorobyov was 2021 7th rd pick. Susuyev was this year’s 7th.

Reactions: Meatwagon

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Moore Ritchie Gibson Lardis Brustewicz and Rasmus Larsson seemed like great value picks.

Cristall if he can find another gear or 2 could be a home run for Wash

Michkov is the obvious one at the top but i get why teams are leery given his ability to walk away and dictate his terms. Benson and Yager i was a huge fan of leading up to this draft and wouldn't be surprised to see exceed their draft positions Wood also but lets be honest a lot of great potential players in 2023. Reminds me of 2015

I'm pretty sure Michkov wouldn't mind to play in Montreal...

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I'm pretty sure Michkov wouldn't mind to play in Montreal...
Yup. The teams picking at 5 and 6 are going to be kicking themselves for passing on Michkov. The top four were set and all got great players. It should have been Michkov next. He’s the steal of this draft.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Michkov should have went 2nd despite his situation

Benson should have been 8th at worst

Moore should have went 12-15

Outside of the obvious, biggest steal of the draft was Ciernik in the 4th round. Guy should have been early to mid 2nd

Reactions: NotProkofievian

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I thought the Canes got a steal getting Jayden Perron so late. He’s got great edges and acceleration. Being able to change directions really quickly is such an underrated skill.
The Canes got him in the 90s right? Washington had pick 104 and I was hoping they’d trade up to get him since I didn’t think he’d get past 100. The Canes got great value selecting him where they did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad