Starting lineup regular season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Jenik has looked good. Seems like everyone has forgotten Ostapchuk, who I thought was favored for that 4c role in the offseason. They’ve both looked good imo.

Reactions: Icelevel

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Jenik has looked good. Seems like everyone has forgotten Ostapchuk, who I thought was favored for that 4c role in the offseason. They’ve both looked good imo.
I think Jenik gets that last spot over Ostapchuk, who I had pencilled in prior to training camp.

Even if they had equivalent camps, Ostapchuk is waiver exempt so that gives Jenik the upper hand

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We need to get word to Nick Jensen that his duty to Sens nation is to do the Chris Phillips goal celebration - the greatest goal celebration in Sens history - because he’s that guy and we love that celebration. Do it Nick, for us fans. Instant love guaranteed

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Guess crooker has to keep working at it. Most probably had him making it somehow. I was hoping he would but didn’t see enough from him unfortunately.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
I'd really want Ostapchuk to get at least one more year in the AHL. I believe he would develop a lot more getting prime minutes with top linemates every night as opposed to 4th line scraps. He can be another Nick Paul type of player IMO and for that he needs more seasoning. Paul took 4 years of seasoning, Ostapchuk could use at least one more. Its not like he'd be a difference maker in making the playoffs based on potential replacements.

Reactions: DrEasy

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
I'm guessing we'll see:

Tkachuk - Stützle - Giroux
Norris - Pinto - Batherson
Perron - Greig - Amadio
Gregor - Jenik - Cousins
MacEwen

Chabot - Jensen
Sanderson - Hamonic
Kleven - Zub
Bernard-Docker

*I know Green has said he wants Norris to be at C, but with how cautious they're being with him, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts at LW.

Ostapchuk the first call up and ends up with 30-40 games in the NHL this year.

I also don't think the D pairings will start how people here will want them. I'd guess that Green keeps Sanderson with Hamonic and insulates Kleven with Zub or Jensen (the other goes with Chabot).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm thinking something like this might work,

Tkachuk - Stützle - Batherson
Greig - Norris - Perron
Amadio - Pinto - Giroux
Gregor - Jenik - Cousins

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Jensen
Kleven - Hamonic/JBD

There is no distinction between 2nd and 3rd lines, so don't get hung up on the order. I'd also like to get Yakemchuk a game or two before sending him back

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I'm thinking something like this might work,

Tkachuk - Stützle - Batherson
Greig - Norris - Perron
Amadio - Pinto - Giroux
Gregor - Jenik - Cousins

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Jensen
Kleven - Hamonic/JBD

There is no distinction between 2nd and 3rd lines, so don't get hung up on the order. I'd also like to get Yakemchuk a game or two before sending him back

That 2nd line will not score any ES goals and Green will be forced to break all 3 lines. Pinto and Giroux won't be lighting it up either playing with Amadio

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
That 2nd line will not score any ES goals and Green will have be forced to break all 3 lines. Pinto and Giroux won't be lighting it up either playing with Amadio

I think a lot of people will be surprised with Greig this year. He's an underrated playmaker.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Tkachuk - Stutzle - Norris
Perron - Pinto - Batherson
Cousins
- Greig - Giroux
Gregor - Jenik - Amadio

Sanderson - Jensen
Chabot - Zub
Kleven - Hamonic

I've shifted my summer alignment in light of a few factors:
- Norris should not be taking faceoffs
- Jenik camp performance to date
- Cousins signing

I've got Norris playing his off side on the first line, as he would be the only right wing skater capable of keeping pace with Stutzle, while his left shot one timer would be maximized and he'd be the third faceoff option. He'd be breaking out blind which means potential for shoulder contact, but let's face it, Stutzle is a one man breakout machine much of the time.

Perron on the left is not ideal, but he's skilled on the boards on his backhand for the breakout, he'd have quality linemates, and his right shot one timer is open in the offensive zone.

I slotted Giroux down on the third line simply because he loses his legs after the first half of his shifts and would be in a position to fail with top 6 minutes. He can produce just fine against middle/bottom six even strength opposition given the skill gap.

Fourth line centre is clearly up for debate, with Jenik ahead at the moment. Haven't seen enough from Highmore; Gaudette is a skill guy and minus player who won't play heavy enough. Ostapchuk can still make it with a strong week, and this roster could use his frame and grit. But Jenik is battling well.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That 2nd line will not score any ES goals and Green will be forced to break all 3 lines. Pinto and Giroux won't be lighting it up either playing with Amadio
VGK had no issues producing with Amadio on their 2nd line during their cup run two years ago, and Greig had solid 5v5 production as a rookie last year, i don't think it will be an issue, particularly since the opposition will have to worry about us rolling three lines wave after wave.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
VGK had no issues producing with Amadio on their 2nd line during their cup run two years ago, and Greig had solid 5v5 production as a rookie last year, i don't think it will be an issue, particularly since the opposition will have to worry about us rolling three lines wave after wave.
Joseph being on the 1st line had support, yet putting a guy on the 2nd line that scores goals at a higher rate the last 3 years is somehow not reasonable. I think people are underrating Amadio. Such a smart player out there imo even though his foot speed is much less than Joseph's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad