London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
It would not shock me that London is not one of the teams Barlow is willing to go to. rumors have it as 6 teams from the east.
Let them bid away I say. Even thou a divisional rival will swap the rewards of the deal I'd rather the East pay the bounty than LK.
Solid player with skill n jam.

wins the ohl championship?
Or even the West Conf. Other teams collectively win more than LK was my point.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Let them bid away I say. Even thou a divisional rival will swap the rewards of the deal I'd rather the East pay the bounty than LK.
Solid player with skill n jam.

Or even the West Conf. Other teams collectively win more than LK was my point.

i know, but ldn suggested that no other team had a chance to win, which is silly.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
For sure, it is a bit of a pipe dream, but something Owen Sound may entertain for the right price. Albeit, a substantial price. But London and Owen Sound do have a bit of a trade history.

Regardless, the price will be very high if anything was to happen. I do fully agree George is one of the best goalies in entire league, maybe even the best. I think George will become a legit NHL starter one day and could even become the Canadian goalie of the future, seeing how that pipeline is pretty thin right now. Goalies are tricky and hard to predict, but if he reaches his full potential, I think the sky is the limit for him. Which is why he would look great in green and gold haha
Would Mark Hunter be prepared to give up Medvedev and all of our second round picks and a couple 3rd’s??

Probably not, would I do it? For sure, but that’s why I am a fan and not GM.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Would Mark Hunter be prepared to give up Medvedev and all of our second round picks and a couple 3rd’s??

Probably not, would I do it? For sure, but that’s why I am a fan and not GM.
You mean, Willmore and 3rd isn't going to get it done???? hahah

Personally though, I don't see Mark giving up all of that in a trade. Would I love to see him in London, sure. But Mark the last few years has been much more calculated with his moves.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
3-way deals happen sometime in this league. West > East > West again, How bad does London need and want Barlow, as much as I like this kid, I don't think London will pay the asking price in a 3-way exchange deal for him

if the agent did that and was not above board about it, that would be a red flag for the entire league, but thats not happening here. the knights wont pay the going rate. not that they are wrong or right for it, but its not their style.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
if the agent did that and was not above board about it, that would be a red flag for the entire league, but thats not happening here. the knights wont pay the going rate. not that they are wrong or right for it, but its not their style.
I don't think its accurate to say the Knights won't pay the going rate for an elite player. They do and have recently they just make that call on 16/17 y/o not on one year players

Reactions: Fastpace and rve24

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Yet there’ll still be pages and pages of posts discussing Barlow and London until he’s inevitably moved elsewhere.
I really wonder if anyone watches the games.

JRHOCKEYBUZZ

Aug 22, 2024
For sure, it is a bit of a pipe dream, but something Owen Sound may entertain for the right price. Albeit, a substantial price. But London and Owen Sound do have a bit of a trade history.

Regardless, the price will be very high if anything was to happen. I do fully agree George is one of the best goalies in entire league, maybe even the best. I think George will become a legit NHL starter one day and could even become the Canadian goalie of the future, seeing how that pipeline is pretty thin right now. Goalies are tricky and hard to predict, but if he reaches his full potential, I think the sky is the limit for him. Which is why he would look great in green and gold haha
Dale Degray did hold a townhall with some fans in Owen Sound; One of the questions asked was about moving George. He responded something along the lines that if he were to move George the return would need to be massive and he doesn't think any team would be willing to pay. Look at the Leenders trade and multiply that by x amount don't know what the actual ask would be, but cant see a team especially London paying that price. As someone who follows Owen Sound closely I would love to see George get to play on a contending team, just unfortunate I don't think it would be this year. However based off the current goalie market right now. teams may be willing to pay & that could be a road that gets reviewed by the Attack

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
3-way deals happen sometime in this league. West > East > West again, How bad does London need and want Barlow, as much as I like this kid, I don't think London will pay the asking price in a 3-way exchange deal for him
With how many star players does this happen in one season ( west-east-west) Pleae enlighten us since you say it happens sometimes or did you mean rarely rarely ever ever happens lol.

You are suggesting an Alist player moves East and in same season West? Please give me your so.etimes examples.

And please stop PMing me with your unwanted thoughts. I've asked 2x now.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Dale Degray did hold a townhall with some fans in Owen Sound; One of the questions asked was about moving George. He responded something along the lines that if he were to move George the return would need to be massive and he doesn't think any team would be willing to pay. Look at the Leenders trade and multiply that by x amount don't know what the actual ask would be, but cant see a team especially London paying that price. As someone who follows Owen Sound closely I would love to see George get to play on a contending team, just unfortunate I don't think it would be this year. However based off the current goalie market right now. teams may be willing to pay & that could be a road that gets reviewed by the Attack

You’re correct and just adding on….

The only way the Mark Hunter gets an OHL star these days, is if they specifically request to go London thus forces the trading teams hand (usually at OHL draft/Max Domi), somehow fleeces a team (Auston Watson), or a player no team wants and has diminished their trading value (Ryan Merkley).

Yes I know there was a John Tavares trade but although I don’t think he regrets that trade, I think he became even smarter with his assets because of that trade.

The Mitchell Stephen’s and Mitchell Vande Sompel trades were Rob Simpson’s doing.

Otherwise, Mark doesn’t pay up huge for OHL stars.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
With how many star players does this happen in one season ( west-east-west) Pleae enlighten us since you say it happens sometimes or did you mean rarely rarely ever ever happens lol.

You are suggesting an Alist player moves East and in same season West? Please give me your so.etimes examples.

And please stop PMing me with your unwanted thoughts. I've asked 2x now.
*I don't have the slightest clue, nothing was suggested, it's put out there for discussion, and you do make an excellent point here about the number of players it would take

*I am not suggesting anything at all, that is self-made assumption by your self as discussed in our PM page under the word perception.

*And Please, do press the ignore button as was suggested to you in the PM page if reading some posts are too difficult

I still like rve24 ;), and thanks for the replies by the way. Cheers!

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Glad to see the new season start and Knights fans aren't happy with the team and immediately want to trade for every top player/goalie in the league.

What would happen if the Knights went full rebuild in the next couple years and missed the playoffs? Most posters would need to be put on suicide watch.

Here is a tip.....watch the games, follow the team and enjoy watching TEENAGERS develop into better people and hockey players.......win or lose.

• Haha
Reactions: Fastpace

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
*I don't have the slightest clue, nothing was suggested, it's put out there for discussion, and you do make an excellent point here about the number of players it would take

*I am not suggesting anything at all, that is self-made assumption by your self as discussed in our PM page under the word perception.

*And Please, do press the ignore button asyou don't have the slightest clue? The was suggested to you in the PM page if reading some posts are too difficult

I still like rve24 ;), and thanks for the replies by the way. Cheers!
Seriously, are you ok?
Why say West-East-West 3way deals sometimes happen if you say minutes later you have mo clue?
Why say I make an excellent point about the number of players it would take when I said nothing about that?
It was not a self made assumption y myself....you actually wrote it lol.
I asked politely for you not to PM me and you do so again. Are you saying you won't give me that and will co tinue to PM me.....There's a word for that type behaviour. Ya talk about ignore button. Are you saying you will harass me until I do? That's mature lol.
Cheers lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Fastpace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad