Starting lineup regular season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
Who should be in and who should go down/waived when the regular season starts.

Say what you think about who you want on the team or why not suggest the whole lineup including a 13th forward and 7th defenseman.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The way I see it there's only one spot up for grabs, and that's 4th line center. Ostapchuk, Jenik and Reinhardt are fighting for it.

If Zub is injured then maybe another spot opens up.

If it were me, Ostapchuk takes that 4th line spot, and as of now I'd give Yakemchuk the 9 games if Zub is out short term,

13th fwd is MacEwen, 7th D is one of Hamonic or JBD, the other being on the 3rd pair

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
The way I see it there's only one spot up for grabs, and that's 4th line center. Ostapchuk, Jenik and Reinhardt are fighting for it.

If Zub is injured then maybe another spot opens up.

If it were me, Ostapchuk takes that 4th line spot, and as of now I'd give Yakemchuk the 9 games if Zub is out short term,

13th fwd is MacEwen, 7th D is one of Hamonic or JBD, the other being on the 3rd pair
Fair. That would mean you see Gregor and Cousins as locks I asume.

What about 3rd D pair, Kleven and Hamonic?

I think JBD may be competing for that RD spot in place of Hamonic asuming we have the cap space..

Also, if Jenik and Reinhardt keep playing like the first game it will be a though decision to keep them off the team!

Reactions: LiseL

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I think JBD may be competing for that RD spot in place of Hamonic asuming we have the cap space..

Also, if Jenik and Reinhardt keep playing like the first game it will be a though decision to keep them off the team!
Kleven is a lock to me, Hamonic may be the 7th D or the 6th, I suspect it's between him and JBD if everyone is healthy.

Cousins and Gregor are on one way contracts, I just don't see us waiving either guy and paying them their full NHL salary in Belleville, not to mention risking losing guys we literally signed this offseason

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Given the way lines have been put together to this point I wonder if they are going to try and spread out the lines with Stutzle, Norris, Pinto and Greig all lining up at C.

Duos on the wing have been pretty consistent with Tkachuk-Giroux, Crookshank-Batherson, Perron-Cousins and Gregor-Amadio.

Reactions: SweSensFan

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
Given the way lines have been put together to this point I wonder if they are going to try and spread out the lines with Stutzle, Norris, Pinto and Greig all lining up at C.

Duos on the wing have been pretty consistent with Tkachuk-Giroux, Crookshank-Batherson, Perron-Cousins and Gregor-Amadio.
Cousins-Greig-Perron would be a fun line! 😇

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
Brady-Timmy-Girouey
Norris-Pinto-Batherson
Cousins-Greig-Perron
Gregor-Ostapchuk-Amadio

Sandy-Zuuuub
Chabby-Jensen
Kleven-Yak-chuck

Woolground
Rapidmountain

Not saying it is the best way to construct the lineup but it is my armchair coach suggestion.

I think you can figure out who the goalies are. Their surnames translated from swedish here!

Reactions: Icelevel and DrEasy

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
People are gonna be real upset when everyone is healthy, Yak is back in Calgary, and the d-pairings are like so:

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic
Kleven - Jensen

I think the team may want a mentor that can keep up slightly better than Hammer for K-train, and also JBD is not better than Hamonic unfortunately.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
Cool! TIL "Fors" means "rapid!"
Yeah rapid like a rapid in a stream not as in fast.

People are gonna be real upset when everyone is healthy, Yak is back in Calgary, and the d-pairings are like so:

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic
Kleven - Jensen

I think the team may want a mentor that can keep up slightly better than Hammer for K-train, and also JBD is not better than Hamonic unfortunately.
Problably a good idea but would be fun to see Yak get a cup of coffee in the NHL.

Reactions: DrEasy

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023

They played really well with MacEwen. Looking forward to seeing what they do tonight with Bourgault on their line. If they have another great game, then Gregor's spot could be in jeopardy. Imagine having a 4th line that is physical and can score.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Yeah rapid like a rapid in a stream not as in fast.

Problably a good idea but would be fun to see Yak get a cup of coffee in the NHL.
I don't think Jensen will be 3rd pairing. At a salary of over $4 million, he'd have to play pretty badly to be demoted to the 3rd pair. It's no like we have a boatload of solid D men to begin with. Hamonic on the 3rd pairing makes more sense as it'll keep his minutes down and he'd be a great mentor for Kleven. Alternating between Hamonic/JBD is what I suspect will happen, but what do I know?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic
Kleven - Jensen

i get what your saying and i absolutely hate hamonic with sanderson because that means he will somehow get 20 minutes a game

That being said from what i recall chabot and zub dont play well together consistently. I would try chabot with Jensen and see if Kleven-Zub can work

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad