Confirmed with Link: Stars sign Oettinger to 8-year, $8.25m AAV contract extension

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Is it though? He's played in more games sure, but Swayman has the better numbers.
They are pretty comparable, there's no scenario barring a really strong year for Oetter this year, that he has a legitimate case for 10M
I like Swayman a lot but he's been in a 1A/1B tandem and hasn't played a single season as a #1. He's never played more than 44 regular season games. Meanwhile, Oettinger's been a #1 since 2021-22 when he played 48 games... and he's taken the team to back to back WCFs.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I love this part of contract discourse but were there any comparables to even support Oettinger getting less than 8M? The entire market shifted- 8M is the stud goalie number. Oettinger could've held 10M over the Stars into next summer. His resume is a lottttt more impressive than Swaymans.
My thoughts exactly.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Richer than I'd like but i understand it. Don't think Otter has proven to be consistent enough to be paid like a top 5 goalie but hopefully he gets there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad