GDT: #4 | Flyers at Kraken | Thursday, October 7, 2024 | 10:00 PM Helltime | NBCSP, KONG | Sheri Memorial GDT

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
My family's thoughts and prayers are with yours during your time of loss.

Well I’m not sure if anyone has ever done a home Funeral. But we are.

First Sheri, passed at the Atlantic Care Hospital in Pomona , NJ - Stockton University is next door.

She was transported to Penn in Center City for Gift of Life. She’s an organ donor.

Then the funeral place will do the cremation and Urn.

Then we are hosting a funeral at my Brothers near Lansdale because all are family lives up there. I’m the only one in south jersey. Best part it’s more convenient. We can pick a Saturday and the time.

Thankfully Sheri had some kind of life policy. The only cost is 1170 for the cremation which her policy covers.

So the only out of pocket cost is the food for the home service.

Why did you schedule this for so late? This is stupid.

Also it was thanksgiving in Canada, we could have played a 1 or 4pm game

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Johnson playing and getting 11 minutes proves right there how little faith the coach has in him.

So why not try Andrae, who has earned it?

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

Thanks for letting me vent all.

This is therapy.

Hope you like my selections.

Layne Stayley, Mike McCredy , Mark Lanegan , John Saunders , Barrett Martin

Band members

Just an excellent time in 95

Sometimes we may disagree on stuff here but I think everyone here can agree we’re also here for each other in times of need. I’m always available via PM to anyone here who just needs to talk or vent. That being said this game will have a football score tonight, I believe.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well I’m not sure if anyone has ever done a home Funeral. But we are.

First Sheri, passed at the Atlantic Care Hospital in Pomona , NJ - Stockton University is next door.

She was transported to Penn in Center City for Gift of Life. She’s an organ donor.

Then the funeral place will do the cremation and Urn.

Then we are hosting a funeral at my Brothers near Lansdale because all are family lives up there. I’m the only one in south jersey. Best part it’s more convenient. We can pick a Saturday and the time.

Thankfully Sheri had some kind of life policy. The only cost is 1170 for the cremation which her policy covers.

So the only out of pocket cost is the food for the home service.

Also it was thanksgiving in Canada, we could have played a 1 or 4pm game
Ummm...Lou....Canada Thanksgiving was this past Monday.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She collapsed Saturday from asthma / pneumonia

A second ambulance was needed, which I thought was strange. Note I was at the store when it happened. Mom told me what husband told her.

So after about 10 minutes the ambulance got oxygen and to hospital.

Her vitals were good but her top brain was no good. Bottom brain was functioning but not top.

Yesterday it got worse the test revealed brain dead and the husband signed the ok to turn the ventilator off.

She’s going be cremated.

It’s been a total mind job. RIP Sheri
All the best to your family. As I get older (I am now 40), I get a little more shaken when someone my age or younger passes away, whether I know them or not.

This week someone in my high school class passed away, age 39. I didn’t know him at all, but he is the 4th person from my class to pass. It’s a dark reminder.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Was he really? That's pretty funny.

The article was in BSH.

What is even funnier, there is a picture of him in a Flyers jersey [ I guess in development camp}, his number was......guess what????........... 39!!!!!

Now we know why he was in a huff........they promised Michkov the number and he had a hissy-fit!!!!!!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
All the best to your family. As I get older (I am now 40), I get a little more shaken when someone my age or younger passes away, whether I know them or not.

This week someone in my high school class passed away, age 39. I didn’t know him at all, but he is the 4th person from my class to pass. It’s a dark reminder.

We are all but transient meat.

I'm 39 and last night had gout in my feet, arthritis in my fingers, and my elbow was so f***ed it was hard to lift food to eat. I'm feeling especially mortal right now, especially reading about shock passings like this.

Edit: As I shambled around last night I remarked to Beefette that I felt like Quasimodo and she very helpfully pointed out that Quasimodo was actually pretty nimble and I am not

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

I’m 42.

I actually went to work everyday this week full 8/9 hours, just to get a way from hospital.

IMG_1187.jpeg

Ray a co worker, I gotta get me this coffee cup. Actually might ink it on me

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We are all but transient meat.

I'm 39 and last night had gout in my feet, arthritis in my fingers, and my elbow was so f***ed it was hard to lift food to eat. I'm feeling especially mortal right now, especially reading about shock passings like this.

Edit: As I shambled around last night I remarked to Beefette that I felt like Quasimodo and she very helpfully pointed out that Quasimodo was actually pretty nimble and I am not

Every time I run, I always have a though that there's someone all the time who does the exact same thing I'm doing and collapses afterward, but that goes for literally anything.

I’m 42.

I actually went to work everyday this week full 8/9 hours, just to get a way from hospital.

View attachment 917871
Ray a co worker, I gotta get me this coffee cup. Actually might ink it on me

Years ago when I worked at a supermarket, one of my co-workers daughter was killed in a car accident (at spot that is on my commute), and he didn't miss a day of work except for the funeral.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Every time I run, I always have a though that there's someone all the time who does the exact same thing I'm doing and collapses afterward, but that goes for literally anything.

Years ago when I worked at a supermarket, one of my co-workers daughter was killed in a car accident (at spot that is on my commute), and he didn't miss a day of work except for the funeral.
That’s why we’re doing a home funeral. We can pick a Saturday when everyone is off and at are time .

I’m off weekends and most of the family is. I just like dictating vs a place doing the funeral

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad