GDT: Stars @ Avs, 2024-25 Preseason game 1, 7:00pm MT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Nah, I don't think the Avs messed up his development and I don't really believe an organization really CAN mess up a player's development. They can slow it down, yeah, but they either got it or they don't. Like Kaut, Foudy already has a questionable skill level, couple that with a wonky work ethic and you have a "prospect" who's just not worth the trouble.

Slow down is messing up development. So its kind of semantics here.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Slow down is messing up development. So its kind of semantics here.
Not really, it's not like a guy who's got NHL talent will just miss the league entirely because of mishandling by the organization and/or coach, it just might take longer. Conversely it might also get sped up if they do things right.

Stephen Weiss is a prime example. Mike Keenan went out of his way to try and destroy that guy's career but he still managed to make it to the big show as an impact player. Took him a while (and injuries cut it short) but it still happened.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Avs fans 👋.. I'm wondering how Kovalenko looked? I watched a ton of Torpedo games last year, don't think his stat line last season fully does a justice. He was pretty dominant, PPG until the injuries started hampering him a bit, still had good numbers. I'm not overly familiar with the Avs depth players but I thought he'd be a guy that would slot right into that top 9, especially with Landeskog and Nichuskin out. Good mix of skill and tenacity but his play style seems to effect his durability

Wrong account, Evan!

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Most fans here think Ritchie will go back to junior btw. We're just pleased that he's showing promise in camp. He may get a few games just because of the injury situation, but I doubt many think he will stick around.
Fair enough. I do think he’s close to NHL ready, skill and smarts wise, but physically he isn’t ready and I just fear that since the prospect pool isn’t that deep, they might rush him in. Which I think would ruin him long term. But yeah I get the excitement, he is going to be good in the future.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Wrong account, Evan!
IMG_2282.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad