GDT: Stars at Sabres, 7 PM ET, October 22, 2024

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Man, those jerseys were an eyesore
I have a Sluggalo scoreboard clock that I purchased from the Sabres Store back in 2007, and despite the potential of being a cool thing to have in my workout room, I refuse to hang it. I don't want to sell or donate it, as no one likes that logo. It instead remains in some sort of stasis, simultaneously existing and non existing in a box in the basement. In truth, it's an apt metaphor for my fandom.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Maybe. It's just hard to believe with all our high picks Dallas has retooled so much faster.

When did they re-tool? From 2016-2018 they were a decent team that got a little unlucky then moved up 5 places in the draft and got very lucky to select 3 all-stars.

They didn't trade away anyone of note.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Maybe. It's just hard to believe with all our high picks Dallas has retooled so much faster.
The Stars were able to do a few things the Sabres haven't been able to:

1) They have a top forward they drafted back in 2007 (Benn) who is a great leader and for a long time was a great player
2) Their big splash trade (like us and O'Reilly) actually stayed and has been a productive player - Seguin
3) They insulated their team with aging star vets like Duchene and Pavelski
4) They drafted incredibly well from 2016-2020 (IDK if you saw my post about the Sabres drafting during that period.... it's not good). They have Miro, Oettinger, Hintz, Robertson from they period leading their team
5) Oh, and they also drafted Stankoven and Johnston recently.

The Stars are a model franchise.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
1729623648048.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad