Online Series: Star Wars: The Acolyte on Disney+

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Why do Wookie Jedi have to do the grunt work like fixing speeder bikes? Don't they have wisdom and leadership abilities?
I imagine that it's because Chewbacca appeared to do much of the maintenance work on the Millennium Falcon, especially in the middle of flight, while Han was flying. I'm not sure if it became canon for Wookiees to like that kind of work, but the writers of this show probably wrote it in because of Chewbacca's knack for it.

Reactions: Hint1k

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
As much as all the fanboys wanted Filoni to run things and thought everything would be golden like when Lucas was in charge, it hasn't. If anything, he's more like Lucas when it comes to not knowing how to execute is vision. Nothing he's done so far has really stuck with me, including his directing on the Mandalorian/BOBF . His future SW project has a lot riding on it.
I'm not really a fan of him, either, but he was promoted to Chief Creative Officer only 6 months ago, well after this show wrapped filming, and isn't credited on it at all, not even as an executive producer. This show appears to be all on Kennedy and Headland. Filoni's next credit is as executive producer on Skeleton Crew later this year and it'll probably take another couple of years until the projects started after his promotion come out.
I stand corrected.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm interested to see what went down between the Jedi and the witches. I'm guessing they came to get Osha and the more militant mother refuses and it escalates into a fight, but how does it get out of control to the point that Torbin is so guilt ridden he kills himself 16 years later?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm interested to see what went down between the Jedi and the witches. I'm guessing they came to get Osha and the more militant mother refuses and it escalates into a fight, but how does it get out of control to the point that Torbin is so guilt ridden he kills himself 16 years later?
Something is up since Sol is right there to save Osha. So the Jedi arrived, then chaos ensued.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Something is up since Sol is right there to save Osha. So the Jedi arrived, then chaos ensued.
Btw, I was thinking why Sol does not have the regrets for his actions the three other jedi have. And my guess that it may be because he did not fight the witches being busy looking for Osha all over the compound.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osprey

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Btw, I was thinking why Sol does not have the regrets for his actions the three other jedi have. And my guess that it may be because he did not fight the witches being busy looking for Osha all over the compound.
For sure the second Jedi who died tolzen did. Not sure I’d say that about Carrie Anne moss’s character.

He was just a padawan at the time so he’d being what he was ordered to do.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Post Deadpool's release, Disney just needs to completely clean house, cancel everything and just start over, it went from infuriating, to annoying, to sad, to just flat out comical at this point, they seriously have no f***ing clue how to write a story, craft a character or do anything.

That’s what makes Andor so frustrating. It’s clearly possible to make a good Star Wars show. Instead we keep getting disappointing garbage.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
That’s what makes Andor so frustrating. It’s clearly possible to make a good Star Wars show. Instead we keep getting disappointing garbage.
Just because you don't like something it does not automatically make it garbage mate.

You have to be an expert on art in order to use that kind of logic.

And movies / shows are an art form, they are not consumer goods made to satisfy your personal needs.

You are not getting anything. The only people who are getting it - the people who created it. They created it for themselves, not for you or anyone else on the planet.

They simply share it with you. So you can watch it and like it or dislike it.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Just because you don't like something it does not automatically make it garbage mate.

And movies / shows are an art form, they are not consumer goods made to satisfy your personal needs.

You are not getting anything. The only people who are getting it - the people who created it. They created it for themselves, not for you or anyone else on the planet.

Wow, you're so wrong it's amazing

It's created to make money so it better appeal to a large viewing audience so that it can make back its rather large budget

If you think Disney created this for themselves instead of the public at large I don't know what to say to you

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, you're so wrong it's amazing

It's created to make money so it better appeal to a large viewing audience so that it can make back its rather large budget

If you think Disney created this for themselves instead of a large viewing audience I don't know what to say to you
"Businessman" - main goal is to satisfy their customer needs.

"Craftsmen, artisans, doctors, engineers, etc" - main goal it to make product or service in accordance with their customers requirements.

"movie" - is a visual art.

"artist" - is a person who creates art.

"art" - is a form of self-expression.

So, now when the basic things are established we can actually talk to each other and you would not be surprised by my statements.

Because you clearly mixed up business and art.

And while for you the process of buying products / services and arts may look the same, you still buying completely opposite things.

Product / service is you-oriented purchase. Art - is its author-oriented purchase.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
"Businessman" - main goal is to satisfy their customer needs.

"Craftsmen, artisans, doctors, engineers, etc" - main goal it to make product or service in accordance with their customers requirements.

"movie" - is a visual art.

"artist" - is a person who creates art.

"art" - is a form of self-expression.

So, now when the basic things are established we can actually talk to each other and you would not be surprised by my statements.

Because you clearly mixed up business and art.

And while for you the process of buying products / services and arts may look the same, you still buying completely opposite things.

Product / service is you-oriented purchase. Art - is its author-oriented purchase.

Now do "pedantic".

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
I wouldn't be surprised if the witches ended up all killing themselves, they strike as a coven of loser theater dorks that couldn't infiltrate and take over an Amish settlement let alone murder jedi.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Based on something I read about the season. Episode 4 things are going to get much worse for those that are hating the direction Star Wars has taken.

For me the franchise was never the same after the force awakens movie

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Wrong. That's not an accurate definition.
I know that, but it is a forum, not a science class. So they are accurate enough for the purpose of discussion. Which is to show the poster I answered to that it was a clear mix up of business and art.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
As I said previously, I liked the first two episodes. Feel like I need to chime in for the sake of fairness to say I didn't care much for this one to be honest. It was some necessary explanation, but I'm hoping for better as it moves along.

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
As I said previously, I liked the first two episodes. Feel like I need to chime in for the sake of fairness to say I didn't care much for this one to be honest. It was some necessary explanation, but I'm hoping for better as it moves along.
My biggest problem was episode 3 was the whole thing feels like way too obvious a fake out. It's like they were going for "hey we are confirming what the Jedi have been saying, Mae caused it all via a fire" but they left too many big obvious clues that that wasn't the full story. So in the end I come back to why did we even need a full episode on a fake out? The biggest takeaway was that Mae and Osha disagree on a philosophic level. Which I mean we already basically knew that.

I feel like this episode should have been placed later in the season and given us the actual full story.

But until we have the full picture of the season, maybe there's reasons they wanted this episode here and presented like this. So I'll just wait and see.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017

You really need to realize you know absolutely nothing about the things you pretend to be an "expert" in. You only eat at Burger King and you pretend to be an expert in haute cuisine. You frame Hallmark cards and you pretend you're an art historian. You're a Filoni/SW fanboy. The artworks you defend are merchandise, consumer goods, and not necessarily interesting ones. As art, that's indeed garbage.

We do have a few connaisseurs in here, which always is a surprise to me considering it's a hockey board, go have a look at the last movie you watched thread, or at the movie of the week club thread, you should be able to spot pretty easily the posters who do have an acute appreciation for cinema as art. You are not one of them, but you are the one making the most noise about "knowing" stuff.

Had you come in here all pompous and pretentious name-dropping Godard and Angelopoulos, I would still have laughed at you (cause that's what I do), but at least you would have had some charm. Now, you're just making a circus trying to promote kiddie TV shows as high art while pretending to be an expert on the subject - and you just can't see how ridiculous that is.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
You really need to realize you know absolutely nothing about the things you pretend to be an "expert" in. You only eat at Burger King and you pretend to be an expert in haute cuisine. You frame Hallmark cards and you pretend you're an art historian. You're a Filoni/SW fanboy. The artworks you defend are merchandise, consumer goods, and not necessarily interesting ones. As art, that's indeed garbage.

We do have a few connaisseurs in here, which always is a surprise to me considering it's a hockey board, go have a look at the last movie you watched thread, or at the movie of the week club thread, you should be able to spot pretty easily the posters who do have an acute appreciation for cinema as art. You are not one of them, but you are the one making the most noise about "knowing" stuff.

Had you come in here all pompous and pretentious name-dropping Godard and Angelopoulos, I would still have laughed at you (cause that's what I do), but at least you would have had some charm. Now, you're just making a circus trying to promote kiddie TV shows as high art while pretending to be an expert on the subject - and you just can't see how ridiculous that is.
Oh mate here we go again. You talk big. Now support everything you wrote with evidence. The evidence that shows your own level of understanding. Take any scene from any episode and break it down explaining what writer meant by this and that.

The point of this is not to troll you. The point of this to compare my level of knowledge with yours. Right now I can't do it since I have not seen what you can do yet.

And you do not even need to ask me to do the same, I already did it. Twice in this very thread. And I did not even chose scenes myself.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
The point of this to compare my level of knowledge with yours. Right now I can't do it since I have not seen what you can do yet.
:laugh:

There's two things that don't get through your all-knowing little brains: 1) kiddie TV show ; 2) You don't have the background to evaluate anybody's understanding of anything, and nobody owes you anything. I've already commented on your "breakdowns" of scenes, they're not the impressive theoretical essays you think they are. Fanboy trying to justify his Filoni crush (but it's cute how proud you are).

Edit: yes, I know, this proves you were right and I LIE! I LIE! I ONLY PRETEND TO BE AN EXPERT!

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
have the background to evaluate anybody's understanding of anything,
Let's assume that you are a hardcore hockey fan. Which is probably true, since you are registered on this forum.

Let's also assume you have a friend who is a casual hockey fan.

Now what is going to happen if you both watch the same game and then try to discuss it?

If you never had such experience - talk to any hardcore fan who had. They would tell you something like this: "When we started discussing the game I realized my level of understanding of the game we watched is much higher then the level of my friend, despite the fact we both have eyes and watch same game"

How did this happen? Well, for at least two reasons:
1) The amount of games you watched is much higher - it means you have more experience as a viewer of hockey.
2) Because you registered on this forum and participated in multiple hockey discussion you have a very well developed skill of talking about hockey.

Now imagine a case where you do not know the level of hockey knowledge of the person who wants to talk to you about hockey.

Can you guess the level of that person?
It is actually really easy.

Let's assume that person started talking and saying something like this: "I have been to the game yesterday. Cool game. Our goalie had a higher face-off percentage than the other team goalie. But refs were crazy they removed out player for 1 minute for tripping."

And you know right away this person probably saw just couple games in his entire life. And his level of understanding of hockey is - beginner.

And the same way you know about his beginner level I know about your beginner level when it comes to movies and shows.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
[Lots and lots of words to expose that your knowledge of cinema only comes from "watching a lot of games (films)"] And the same way you know about his beginner level I know about your beginner level when it comes to movies and shows.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
That's a lot of digging, I guess you wanted that grave real cozy.

Reactions: King 88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad