Online Series: Star Wars: Skeleton Crew (end 2023 release D+)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I could not find a thread about what is supposed to be the next Star Wars series to be released on D+. Filming wrapped in January 2023 but no exact release date has been mentioned yet.

The show features Jude Law as a force user and a bunch of younglings who are lost in space and trying to get him. It takes place post Return of the Jedi, in the same timeframe as the current group of shows like Mano, Ahsoka, etc.

“Skeleton Crew” follows the journey of four kids who make a mysterious discovery on their seemingly safe home planet, then get lost in a strange and dangerous galaxy. Finding their way home—and meeting unlikely allies and enemies—will be a greater adventure than they ever imagined.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Ive heard rumors from YTs that this show is actually pretty good. Time will tell.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It doesn't look bad, just not much like Star Wars. Without a few mentions of "Jedi," you might've guessed that it was a brand new sci-fi world. It seems like it could be excellent for kids, but disappointing for adults hoping for it to at least feel like Star Wars, even if it's not targeted at them.

Reactions: Lt Dan

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Someone at Disney/Lucasfilm probably wanted to make the Star Wars version of Stranger Things.

Another discombobulated Disney SW offering that will further dilute and devalue the overall franchise.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Someone at Disney/Lucasfilm probably wanted to make the Star Wars version of Stranger Things.

Another discombobulated Disney SW offering that will further dilute and devalue the overall franchise.
Good call

I was thinking Space Camp. I definitely got Space Camp vibes from that trailer

1723491756208.png

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Explorers, Space Camp, The Goonies, Stranger Things ... if it can land somewhere in those neighborhoods, it could really be a fun, enjoyable show and not to mention an interesting expansion on what Star Wars can be. That's a potentially good thing.

The world does not need yet another story about a mopey f***ing orphan kid with magical powers and a mysterious genetic line. (Though there certainly is no guarantee this won't have that as well. :D)

I applaud them for trying something different. (If it is different, which, again, it also might not be).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad