GDT: Stanley Cup playoffs game 2 Jets @ Vegas 9pm Sportsnet Jets up 1-0 in the series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
9vYMFUI.jpg

Go :jets Go!​

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Morgan Barron is the shining example of the way this team needs to play in the playoffs. He didn't even miss a full period after having his face cut in half.

First ever NHL playoff game, even when he got cut, you saw him just go down the hall and wait for the staff to attend to him, no theatrics. Just blood, and guts.

I liked Andrew Copp as a player, but getting Morgan Barron, Brad Lambert, and Elias Salomonsson out of him in trade value is going to be one of Chevy's best moves as a GM.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Morgan Barron is the shining example of the way this team needs to play in the playoffs. He didn't even miss a full period after having his face cut in half.

The Barron incident made me think that skates were being sharpened... except Barron's face was the skate blade and Brossoit's skate blade was the sharpener. Yikes. We just needed those little sparks flying off for the full effect.

Reactions: Ducky10

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Always a sound investment. I cant tell you how many people come up to me in a day and ask where the nearest snake farm is.

Yep.

If I had gold sovereign for all the London (and Home Counties) snake farms I've sold to gullible tourists.

That and Tower Bridge are gonna put my kids through uni.

Looking for the dagger to the heart of Vega$ tonight.

Make it happen with bells on, Jets!

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Any official word yet on our lines for tonight?

Our defence has been too solid to mess with but I wouldn't mind a bit of tinkering with our forwards.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Great news! (Of a personal nature, skip this if you find me boring.)

My date for tonight, the Tall Man With the Very Brown Eyes, came into the carrels seeking me out. I assumed it was to confirm plans for our date but he looked a little distressed. It seems he'd found out just this morning that the Jets are playing tonight. (Okay, some of the stories you hear about the Ivory Tower are true.)

Brown Eyes asked if I would like to move the movie to another night and I fought down the urge to yell wow, would I ever and just said that would be nice. So, we're now on for Tuesday and I'm going to watch the game! Hooray! Only this time without as much vodka.

Last weekend, everyone was hoping that we could win just one game in Vegas. Win one on the road and we'd be coming home with the upper hand. Steal a game in Vegas and we're in charge of the series. Mission accomplished!

But taking both games would be so much sweeter. Coming back to a whiteout, both inside and out, with two wins would be amazing and yet not impossible. If the Jets can repeat the same smooth flow with lots of shots on the Knights' average goaltenders while also doing that terrific defensive shutdown and cleaning up the rebounds, I can see us winning this one. Coming home 2-0!

But if we do lose this game, I'm going back to read the earlier posts about how great it would be to win one game in Las Vegas and recapture that excitement.

Go Jets Go!
@Inanna your date just found out today that the Jets play tonight? You can do better.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad