Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Last night was Edmonton's dead cat bounce. See it all the time in the first close out games.

Florida finishes them off on Tuesday.
1. Reinhart scores instead of hitting the post on the 1st FLA PP and the SH goal doesn't happen. Different game.
2. The SH goal resulted in Montour taking out Bob. Bob was not the same after getting submarined (by his own player).
3. FLA as a team, hit the wall last night. Physically spent. Compare their speed and intensity last night with games 1 - 3. It wasn't there. EDM was fresher. So I suspect the travel factor hit them big time - which it does usually after the 2nd night in a new time zone.
4. Panthers are back home now and sleeping in their own beds. They will be rested and angry. The Cup is awarded on home ice Tuesday night.
5. Maurice is a pretty good coach and has the room listening to him. You will not be seeing an endless series of odd man rushes against Bob Tuesday.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
1. Reinhart scores instead of hitting the post on the 1st FLA PP and the SH goal doesn't happen. Different game.
2. The SH goal resulted in Montour taking out Bob. Bob was not the same after getting submarined (by his own player).
3. FLA as a team, hit the wall last night. Physically spent. Compare their speed and intensity last night with games 1 - 3. It wasn't there. EDM was fresher. So I suspect the travel factor hit them big time - which it does usually after the 2nd night in a new time zone.
4. Panthers are back home now and sleeping in their own beds. They will be rested and angry. The Cup is awarded on home ice tomorrow night.
5. Maurice is a pretty good coach and has the room listening to him. You will not be seeing an endless series of odd man rushes against Bob tomorrow night.
That Skinner save taking away the empty net really changed the game. That goes in it's 2-2 and we probably aren't talking about a game 5.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
4. Panthers are back home now and sleeping in their own beds. They will be rested and angry. The Cup is awarded on home ice Tuesday night.
5. Maurice is a pretty good coach and has the room listening to him. You will not be seeing an endless series of odd man rushes against Bob Tuesday.
Idk if travel can be used since Florida has travelled significantly less than Edmonton has these playoffs.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Y'all doubting the greatest clutch player in the history of sports entertainment.

Take a seat. And watch the greatness while you eat cheetos and cry into your MacKinnon jersey about and wonder about what could have been.
Unless Eric Brewer rises from the dead and takes Nurse's place on the Oilers blue line, I don't see this happening. This series has gentleman's sweep written all over it

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Unless Eric Brewer rises from the dead and takes Nurse's place on the Oilers blue line, I don't see this happening. This series has gentleman's sweep written all over it
Eric Brewer would only take 2 days to come back from the dead. Then he'd rip off his jersey and block 25 shots with his bare chest.

Basically what Toronto fans hope Zadorov does next year when he signs for 6 millions a season.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Idk if travel can be used since Florida has travelled significantly less than Edmonton has these playoffs.
I'm talking about general travel effects that affect everyone. Everyone has a body clock and science studies have shown the effects of changing time zones. There are even NHLPA reps that want back2back scheduled games on the road done away with come next contract.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Will be interesting to see if they correctly give the Smythe to McDavid no matter what the outcome.

Wouldn´t surprise me if they gave it to a 20 point forward or a .909 sv% goalie instead.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Will be interesting to see if they correctly give the Smythe to McDavid no matter what the outcome.

Wouldn´t surprise me if they gave it to a 20 point forward or a .909 sv% goalie instead.
Only chance that would happen is if McDavid breaks the post season points record. Which won’t happen.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Only chance that would happen is if McDavid breaks the post season points record. Which won’t happen.
Which is just dumb. McDavid has very clearly been the best player of the playoffs. To break Gretzky´s record in a year when the winning team doesn´t even have an outstanding candidate and still come up empty-handed.

It will be one of those decisions that people will look back on and think wtf was up with that.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Which is just dumb. McDavid has very clearly been the best player of the playoffs. To break Gretzky´s record in a year when the winning team doesn´t even have an outstanding candidate and still come up empty-handed.

It will be one of those decisions that people will look back on and think wtf was up with that.
Maybe if it goes to 7 and Mcdavids a major factor he gets it. But yeah I just don’t see him getting it even if he’s been by far the best player in the playoffs this year.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Maybe if it goes to 7 and Mcdavids a major factor he gets it. But yeah I just don’t see him getting it even if he’s been by far the best player in the playoffs this year.
Instead it will probably be .909 Bob or 21 point Barkov. Shameful, especially when going against one of the top performances of the cap era. Hoping that won´t be the case.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Do people really not remember previous Cup finals and how long they took? This is basically the same schedule setup as it was pre-Covid. Just look at 2019... May 27 - May 29 - June 1 - June 3 - June 6 - June 9 - June 12. Then 2018 May 28 - May 30 - June 2 - June 4 - June 7. It is the exact same cadence. The only difference is we are later in June and TV wants better starting times... which is clearly working given the ratings this postseason.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The in between days suck but generally I like this schedule for both NHL and NBA. We're getting games into mid/late June, which means only a week to 10 days or so before the drafts and then straight into the free agency period.

The further we can push back baseball being the only thing to watch and talk about it, the better off we are. I mean, I still wouldn't watch but you get the point.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The in between days suck but generally I like this schedule for both NHL and NBA. We're getting games into mid/late June, which means only a week to 10 days or so before the drafts and then straight into the free agency period.

The further we can push back baseball being the only thing to watch and talk about it, the better off we are. I mean, I still wouldn't watch but you get the point.
You don’t enjoy watching ESPN glaze Lebron over the new shampoo he’s using?

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

i see that side but for me I'd rather scrap the pre season and have this stuff end in May.

I don't watch the finals but it's high 20's and reaching 30 Celsius this week which doesn't correlate to hockey season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad