Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Some nice physical play from McDavid early on.

A wild stat (at least to me): MacKinnon was credited with 8 hits in 11 playoff games. McDavid has 27 hits in 13 games coming into tonight.
Why would you think that's wild. Have you ever seen MacK play defense or throw hits?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I am NOT an expert on the NHL rulebook. But I know for certain that USA Hockey does not allow an opposing player to obstruct (check and pin) the attacking player when the puck has been passed, deflected or otherwise pushed forward beyond the point of contact.

I've been penalized personally for doing this. My players have been called for this as well. It's an old school 1970's technique thats been killed. We learned to stop obstructing the forwards progress after the puck gets sent past the play. Ya just can't check and pin him.

That non call resulted in the Stars scoring an EN goal.

There were also at least two, maybe 3 instances of the Stars having too many men on the ice when executing a line change. No calls made.

Of course not. The Oilers PP is devastating. The refs cannot allow them any opportunities. Especially after DeBoers whined mightily about it.

We can all hate the Oilers and their fans a much as we want here. But the ref's playing favorites is really way, way too much.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
The series?

It's game 2 lol.
Lots of series left but this could still be big. Avs lost that Vegas series when they blew their chance to go up 3-0 late in game 3. We’ve seen a fair amount of series where teams had a shot to be up 3-1 but flubbed it at the last minute to give up the tying goal and then lose in 6-7 after it became 2-2 instead. Nashville might have won their series if not for the missed EN and then collapse that lead to them being down 1-3 instead of tied 2-2.

Never know where the turning point will be until it happens

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I’ll die on the hill that Curb is much funnier than Seinfeld ever was but they are similar enough that this is a solid comparison

Incredible show and my all-time favourite comedy. I actually just finally got around to finishing the final season two weeks ago.

I could never get into Seinfeld. It was on TV when I was a kid and didn't like it and then I tried going back to watch it and it wasn't for me. Curb is on a completely different level IMO.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad