Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Mackinnon is the ultimate perimeter player. It takes balls to drive the net the way McDavid does.

The Oilers have hit the Stars more time this game than the Avs did all series. I even saw Heiskanen bail on a puck in the second period. Avs are pretty soft team without LOC and Landy.
Oilers might sweep Dallas, embarrassing performance put on by the Avs last round again

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Is he struggling? He has 22pts in 13 games and is on track to break the playoff assist record.
Struggling might not be the right word but hes not looked like Connor. Meanwhile, the German is playing great in the playoffs as usual.

Stat line is deceiving. I mean look at Rantanen. Guy was garbage yet his stats say otherwise.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Struggling might not be the right word but hes not looked like Connor. Meanwhile, the German is playing great in the playoffs as usual.

Stat line is deceiving. I mean look at Rantanen. Guy was garbage yet his stats say otherwise.
If the German played defense there would be no argument about him being the second best player in the league. So far in his career he has the highest production jump from regular season to playoffs

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So who’s gonna be the Oilers Wood to score the winner in OT? Do Oilers even have wood?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Maybe McDavid actually back checks and plays defense rather than cherry picking all game long that’s why he’s not as noticeable

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Starting to question Bednar's strategy watching this series.
The Avs inability to execute soft corner dump ins and go hammer the D and fight for pucks in favour of letting it rim behind for an Otter interception and easy exit for Dallas was incredibly annoying. Even though they don’t do it often, they had a week to practice and figure it out knowing they’d need to against either team

• Love
Reactions: Bender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad