Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Rangers look like the Avs vs Dallas. Maybe that’s because the Panthers and Stars play a similar style. Deep hard to play against 4 line teams. It’s gonna be a coin toss between Florida and Dallas in the finals.

Reactions: Mighty Makar

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I appreciate how Florida can play any style of game. They can choke the life out of a game, they can beat teams the F up, they can run and gun… they have preference, but there isn’t a type of game they can’t be successful in.

Forsling is absurd and Lundell has rounded out. Both have made a huge difference lately.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Maybe he’s just smarter during drug tests

I'm actually a bit surprised he got popped to be honest. They passed clean piss through the walls in Sochi. They must have caught him totally off guard one day and made it mandatory.

He couldn't even hide somewhere like Jon Jones did under an octagon in his gym for 8 hours. :laugh:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm actually a bit surprised he got popped to be honest. They passed clean piss through the walls in Sochi. They must have caught him totally off guard one day and made it mandatory.

He couldn't even hide somewhere like Jon Jones did under an octagon in his gym for 8 hours. :laugh:
Yeah for real. Even the regular people without any resources can fake a drug test if they have to

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Panthers have just under 20M to re-sign Sam Reinhart, Anton Lundell, Brandon Montour, and Anthony Stolarz. I didn't include players like Tarasenko, Ekman-Larsson, Cousins, Lomberg, Kulikov, and Stenlund because I think they let all of those guys walk.

Verhaege, Bennet, and Ekblad are UFAs in 2025 so I wonder if they prioritize re-signing Reinhart to what is surely a 9M+ contract or if they let him walk.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Panthers have just under 20M to re-sign Sam Reinhart, Anton Lundell, Brandon Montour, and Anthony Stolarz. I didn't include players like Tarasenko, Ekman-Larsson, Cousins, Lomberg, Kulikov, and Stenlund because I think they let all of those guys walk.

Verhaege, Bennet, and Ekblad are UFAs in 2025 so I wonder if they prioritize re-signing Reinhart to what is surely a 9M+ contract or if they let him walk.
A lot of guys will be walking. Lundell and Montour will be back. Who knows on Reinhart. I’d be surprised if Bennett is re-signed after next season.

If they win a Cup though, none of that will matter.

Reactions: The Moops

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
A lot of guys will be walking. Lundell and Montour will be back. Who knows on Reinhart. I’d be surprised if Bennett is re-signed after next season.

If they win a Cup though, none of that will matter.
Oh no doubt, just like we got ours. It just opens a path up for other teams to step up if Florida takes a step back due to the cap like we did.

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016

I live in South Florida worked for Panthers in Hockey Ops for years and still good friends with people there. They rip on Ekblad (Ek-bad) all the time.

Depending on how this season ends and what the need in space, Ekblad might be trade bait. 7.5 Mil Caphit and he loses his NMC, it becomes 12 Team no trade.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Oh no doubt, just like we got ours. It just opens a path up for other teams to step up if Florida takes a step back due to the cap like we did.
Yup… cap makes it tough to stay at the top, especially if you win on the older side. How Florida deals with the Knight/Bob situation will probably dictate a lot. Either way, Florida fans should feel like they are in good hands with Zito. He’s done a masterful job building that team to this level, he’ll probably figure out a way to stay competitive even if they aren’t contenders in a couple years.

Reactions: The Moops

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I appreciate how Florida can play any style of game. They can choke the life out of a game, they can beat teams the F up, they can run and gun… they have preference, but there isn’t a type of game they can’t be successful in.

Forsling is absurd and Lundell has rounded out. Both have made a huge difference lately.
Florida having Forsling locked up for under $6 mil is criminal. Obviously he wanted to stay with the Panthers, but if he hit free agency after this run he'd be getting some 7 x 7.5-8 mil offers.

Crazy that their defense is that solid when they were all considered bottom 4 defensemen prior to joining the Panthers, outside of Ekblad.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I live in South Florida worked for Panthers in Hockey Ops for years and still good friends with people there. They rip on Ekblad (Ek-bad) all the time.

Depending on how this season ends and what the need in space, Ekblad might be trade bait. 7.5 Mil Caphit and he loses his NMC, it becomes 12 Team no trade.
That has Treliving written all over it. Could be a three-way with Nashville and Marner.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Florida will lose guys but it has become a destination too. Dudes will take less to play there on a contender. Keep the core and they'll be fine.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I guess the strategy of beating Dallas is playing the same low event defensive game like they do. Avs kept playing their fast paced trying to score every shift game and ran out of gas. Gotta slow it down against a team like the Stars and play more of a patient game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad