Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
They got the "this game isn't exciting enough" call from Toronto

Holy shit how is that not a penalty after what they've called?
Yeah that was the worst penalty of all of them. Weird. I’d prefer they just not call things so I don’t mind that… but don’t call that cross check or hook. Hopefully it his levels from here on out.

What’s wrong with Pasta?
No chickpeas.

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
It is maybe four tones that constantly loop, maybe 0,5 second for every tone. It sounds like an alarm. I have tinnitus so I might be sensitive to strange sounds.
f28565361861e750f87947bd61c3a619.jpg

Nov 20, 2013
Sweden
I'm not gonna lie, this sounds like a CIA sonic weapon or MK Ultra mind control device, I'd proceed carefully
Probably is a technical issue that is permanent. The only possible conspiracies are ad-related. The tones would help tune our attention to get a relief and slight wake-up when ads start, but I doubt it.

I heard new tones now in the intermission report, it is a new tone pattern, at first it sounds like a three-tone pattern, but it has a shorter higher pitched sound first. It disappers in studio, but every time you see ice or hear crowd noise it comes back immediately.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Every non Avs game I’ve watched makes me think the cup isn’t out of reach and the Avs are pretty special.
I agree, but also terrified it was because we played the Jets, and not a real contender.

I just don't see how a team like a Toronto or Boston could control the type of speed and transition we displayed in round one.

But again, I'm scared because the Jets always choke.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I agree, but also terrified it was because we played the Jets, and not a real contender.

I just don't see how a team like a Toronto or Boston could control the type of speed and transition we displayed in round one.

The other side of it is that we don’t play nearly as tight a checking game as a Boston, for example, so the Leafs forwards would get way more shooting chances and time to generate offense. There’s pros and cons.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
The other side of it is that we don’t play nearly as tight a checking game as a Boston, for example, so the Leafs forwards would get way more shooting chances and time to generate offense. There’s pros and cons.
True, but in a shootout like that, I'll trust our big guns over any other club. The biggest X factor of course would be Georgiev.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

What makes me confident is what Hellbuck(typo yes) said after the series. He said he was totally "in the zone" and playing the best hockey of his life but couldn't save a damn thing. He said he maybe saw 50% of the shots which went in.

That's a big compliment imo. This Avalanche team is just dangerous.

Tough to shutout this Avalanche team. Too much of everything. Speed, pressure, great defense for first pass or carrying the puck, individual skill and front of the net presence. How the hell you stop team like that? You can't.

Reactions: sethro109

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Probably is a technical issue that is permanent. The only possible conspiracies are ad-related. The tones would help tune our attention to get a relief and slight wake-up when ads start, but I doubt it.

I heard new tones now in the intermission report, it is a new tone pattern, at first it sounds like a three-tone pattern, but it has a shorter higher pitched sound first. It disappers in studio, but every time you see ice or hear crowd noise it comes back immediately.
That’s what they want you to think.

Reactions: Rosy Cheeks

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Why do all this announcers make Edmundson sound like they’re saying Edmonton?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I can't believe it but I'm rooting for Boston. Not because I really have a dog in the fight, I think Florida is the runner up to the Avs this year. I just think that Boston presents a tougher challenge for Miami and will bruise them a bit more along the way. Similar to Vegas tuning us up on our way to Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad