Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Pietrangelo is almost washed up

It's going to be a "miracle" when Vegas finds a way to offload this contract.

1714651825832.png

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Just give the Oilers a pass for round 3 already and stop wasting our time with this shitty ass division
Nah they'll get beat by Nashville in the 2nd round.
Why did the kings even show up to the play offs?
The more appropriate question is - why did they work so hard to beat Chicago on the last day of the regular season to actually face that same Loilers team that they keep losing to in the playoffs?

I mean Dallas would have probably swept them anyways but try something different, morons!

Reactions: The Moops

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Dallas just seems like the better team and playing with chemistry. I think they close out the series game 6. They remind me of the ‘22 Blues a bit and the constant talk of how many 20 goal scorers they have. Blah. Blah. 😴

So likely nothing concrete yet until we wait for Dal/Vegas and Van/nash but anyone have any idea when rd2 would start if it’s indeed Dallas?

If Dallas wins game 6 thinking it’ll be may Tuesday? Then Thursday if they pull out game 7?

I’m in Austin and need to start planning 1 or 2 games. Already told (asked) the wife and kids to please set their expectations

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Dallas just seems like the better team and playing with chemistry. I think they close out the series game 6. They remind me of the ‘22 Blues a bit and the constant talk of how many 20 goal scorers they have. Blah. Blah. 😴

So likely nothing concrete yet until we wait for Dal/Vegas and Van/nash but anyone have any idea when rd2 would start if it’s indeed Dallas?

If Dallas wins game 6 thinking it’ll be may Tuesday? Then Thursday if they pull out game 7?

I’m in Austin and need to start planning 1 or 2 games. Already told (asked) the wife and kids to please set their expectations
Impossible to really know.
It’ll depend on if Vancouver goes 7 as well.
Then you’ll have to take a look at what Dallas and Colorado have as events coming up.
A pretty safe but broad guess puts game 1s in the May 6-8 range

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
6-on-5 with 2:00 minutes left AND Derek Ryan is not only on the ice but broke his stick and you don't even manage a shot on goal?

Holy are the Kings pathetic.
LA was the weakest team in the playoffs. The only other team comparable was NYI. But LA in my opinion was much worse.

LA is the product of Vegas not giving a shit, playing in a very bottom weak division, and St Louis and Minny having so so years.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah honestly I'm not sure which team I think the Avs have a better shot at advancing past. Dallas seems like the harder team for them to advance past when I look at the info I have in front of me.

And we can just throw out the window the fact that the Avs only lost to them 1x in the regular season, because that doesn't matter (look at how much it mattered to Winnipeg). Playoff hockey is different, and if Oettinger is actually getting his head on right then they'll become a pretty tough out.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Nah they'll get beat by Nashville in the 2nd round.

The more appropriate question is - why did they work so hard to beat Chicago on the last day of the regular season to actually face that same Loilers team that they keep losing to in the playoffs?

I mean Dallas would have probably swept them anyways but try something different, morons!
I agree. Nashville and Vancouver are both big steps up from LA. Going to be much different round 2 for Edmonton.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I've not watched a second of playoff hockey that doesn't involve the Avs, never have, probably never will, f*** the rest of the league.

But I am curious about this NSH-VAN series and their shot totals. Anyone who has watched these games, are they playing really stingy defense, or are they just bad?

Game 1: Shots: 24-21 - Total: 45
Game 2: Shots: 16-18 - Total: 34
Game 3: Shots: 12-30 - Total: 42
Game 4: Shots: 21-30 - Total: 51
Game 5: Shots: 22-20 - Total: 42

Only twice has a team had (on average) 10 shots per period. Vancouver in game 3 had only 12 shots on goal all game. What's going on here?

Reactions: The Moops

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Yeah honestly I'm not sure which team I think the Avs have a better shot at advancing past. Dallas seems like the harder team for them to advance past when I look at the info I have in front of me.

And we can just throw out the window the fact that the Avs only lost to them 1x in the regular season, because that doesn't matter (look at how much it mattered to Winnipeg). Playoff hockey is different, and if Oettinger is actually getting his head on right then they'll become a pretty tough out.
The one thing the Avs do significantly better than both Dallas and Vegas is skate. When we play our hockey it's pretty damn difficult to slow us down, proven in the Winnipeg series. Statistically the best defense and goalie in the league and we lit them up and it was obvious that they couldn't keep up over the course of the series.

Now the problem is the Avs have tendencies to not play their game, and fall into other teams style of play.

If they avoid the trap and focus on playing Avs hockey, they are as good as anyone.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Only way Vancouver has even a hope in hell of beating Edmonton is Silovs going full god mode and a big Z (or someone else) somehow checking McDavid into next week and taking him out of the series

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
McDavid is going to put up 25 points in 5 games against that 3rd string Vancouver goalie.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I've not watched a second of playoff hockey that doesn't involve the Avs, never have, probably never will, f*** the rest of the league.

But I am curious about this NSH-VAN series and their shot totals. Anyone who has watched these games, are they playing really stingy defense, or are they just bad?

Game 1: Shots: 24-21 - Total: 45
Game 2: Shots: 16-18 - Total: 34
Game 3: Shots: 12-30 - Total: 42
Game 4: Shots: 21-30 - Total: 51
Game 5: Shots: 22-20 - Total: 42

Only twice has a team had (on average) 10 shots per period. Vancouver in game 3 had only 12 shots on goal all game. What's going on here?
It looks like a late 90s series with the interference and holding.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think Vancouver's changes against the Oilers live and die with Demko. If he's healthy in say game 3 and on... they have a puncher's chance. If he's not healthy that series is over in 5. I absolutely hate that the Oilers have a pure cakewalk to the WCF. The won't play a ton of games, they won't be beat up, they get to tweak their systems a bit in glorified practices...

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
If the NHL is really behind Vegas they should help them force game 7, you know for the finances and good of the game!
Dallas is going to have to beat them and the refs in Game #6... fully expecting Uncle Gary to give his favourite team a big boost.

(unless the 'secret clause' in the franchise purchase agreement to help them win has expired with their win last year - would be nice)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad