Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Shows that bednar truly is DeBoers bitch, oilers took care of business handily
Truth right there. Oilers surprisingly had no problem taking leads and scoring in the first period.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
WTF did we give up so many goals against this team? Dallas can't score for shit.
Matchups matter. DeBoer system is the anti-Bednar. Then the laundry list of other problems. Like our highest goalscorer being a coked up idiot, our special teams falling apart for long stretches at a time, and Bednar playing his stars and goalie into the ground during the regular season.

Reactions: GeoRox89

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Man the Oilers eviscerated the Stars from the 2nd period of game 4 onward. Outscored them 10-2.

F*** Jamie Benn. F*** Joe Pavelski. F*** whiny ass Pete DeBoer. F*** Matt Duchene. F*** dirty ass Mason Marchment. F*** overhyped Chris Tanev. F*** Jake Oettinger for looking like Marty Turco in this series but 99/00 Ed Belfour against us.

Panthers/Oilers will be wild. Barkov/Forsling vs McDavid, then Tkachuk/Bennett vs Draisaitl.

You lot are going nuts about the Oilers. They had no business winning that game, 35 to 10 the shots. That will get them killed, like sweep killed by the Panthers.
You say that as if it was the full series. The Oilers were the better team in this series hands down.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Matchups matter. DeBoer system is the anti-Bednar. Then the laundry list of other problems. Like our highest goalscorer being a coked up idiot, our special teams falling apart for long stretches at a time, and Bednar playing his stars and goalie into the ground during the regular season.
All those problems, were problems in the regular season. That's what makes it so frustrating concerning the coaching staff and why they deserve an immense amount of the blame. Nuke is an amazing player no doubt, but you're not going to win too many games when he's your best player most nights. It is inexcuseable for MacKinnon and Makar as they should be our best players, but I also understand considering how much they were overplayed.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

colorado-avalanche-avalanche.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Man the Oilers eviscerated the Stars from the 2nd period of game 4 onward. Outscored them 10-2.

F*** Jamie Benn. F*** Joe Pavelski. F*** whiny ass Pete DeBoer. F*** Matt Duchene. F*** dirty ass Mason Marchment. F*** overhyped Chris Tanev. F*** Jake Oettinger for looking like Marty Turco in this series but 99/00 Ed Belfour against us.

Panthers/Oilers will be wild. Barkov/Forsling vs McDavid, then Tkachuk/Bennett vs Draisaitl.

You say that as if it was the full series. The Oilers were the better team in this series hands down.
Oilers are trash that got one of the easiest runs to the finals. Our run was super easy, but this might be even easier. Sorry, but no, Skinner is not a good goaler and making the Finals is pretty pathetic not by the Oilers, they deserved to make the Finals. I blame more of the other teams for not taking advantage of this trash. Skinner is the worst goaler since Michael Leighton to make the finals, I like the bloke, but the Panthers should eat him alive.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Oilers are trash that got one of the easiest runs to the finals. Our run was super easy, but this might be even easier. Sorry, but no, Skinner is not a good goaler and making the Finals is pretty pathetic not by the Oilers, they deserved to make the Finals. I blame more of the other teams for not taking advantage of this trash. Skinner is the worst goaler since Michael Leighton to make the finals, I like the bloke, but the Panthers should eat him alive.
Easier? Dallas and VGK were easier than the 2022 predators blues and oilers? This shows that Bednar is a fool

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Oilers are trash that got one of the easiest runs to the finals.
Yea that's the other thing. Can't compare the Stars first 2 rounds and the Oilers first 2 rounds.

Easy path and staying fresh >>>>>>>>>> getting battled in a tough, emotional path

I give the Oilers a small chance to win the cup that's exactly why. Panthers had to go through Hell to get to the finals. Oilers didn't.

Reactions: S E P H

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yes but if we had to go against him in 2022 Bednar probably woulda choked it away
Nah, nothing was stopping the 22 team. We actually wanted to win and stayed healthy all playoffs. Players were banged up but were in the lineup and gave it their all. Luckily Val didn’t fail a drug test in 2022

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Easier? Dallas and VGK were easier than the 2022 predators blues and oilers? This shows that Bednar is a fool
This Dallas team was a fairytale when you can't win a game outshooting your opponent 35 to 10. Sure Avs swept the Preds and Oilers that year, but at least they got goals you know? Oilers didn't play Vegas, Oilers played a non-goaler Kings club, a retooling Canucks club, and a DeBoer Special Stars club. The Blues team Avs faced were better than all of those IMHO.

• Haha
Reactions: CharlesPuck

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't take anything away from the Avs 22 cup win, don't take anything away from the Oilers making the SCF. You play the teams in front of you. Dallas had more rest prior to this series and was made to look old and slow by Edmonton.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Nah, nothing was stopping the 22 team. We actually wanted to win and stayed healthy all playoffs. Players were banged up but were in the lineup and gave it their all. Luckily Val didn’t fail a drug test in 2022
I can assure you he was on drugs with that foot.

Reactions: the_fan

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't take anything away from the Avs 22 cup win, don't take anything away from the Oilers making the SCF. You play the teams in front of you. Dallas had more rest prior to this series and was made to look old and slow by Edmonton.
Well, congrats on your 2024 Stanley Cup win as you guys will probably make the Panthers look slow as hell by comparison as well. And I will blame @Ceremony for all his 2024 winning Oiler posts this year lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The Avs had even more rest before playing Dallas than Dallas did before playing the Oilers.

Reactions: dahrougem2

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think you gotta call a spade as a spade though. I loved our 2022 Cup, we deserved it and were the best team that season quite easily and no questions asked, but I am also unbiased enough to realise that we had a fairly easy road while Tampa was destroyed beyond recognition. Do I think we still win the Cup that year if the Lightning were a lot healthier? Yes, I fully believe so, but it would've gone 7 games and there is no way we would have been winning 7-1 or whatever game 2 was.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well, congrats on your 2024 Stanley Cup win as you guys will probably make the Panthers look slow as hell by comparison as well. And I will blame @Ceremony for all his 2024 winning Oiler posts this year lol.
It's just strange to me how you want to take this away from them based off 1 game and a supposed "easy" run to the SCF where they had to play the two top teams in the West.

Reactions: Kerberos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad