GDT: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023-24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Round 1 Winners?

• Total voters

Khrox

May 31, 2018
lol Nazem Kadri has had a 90 pt season and isn't any better than Bennett
Okay, but Sam Bennett hasn't even hit 50 points in a single season in his career.

For what it's worth, Kadri hasn't had a 90 point season, but 87. But he has had 5 seasons of 50+ points, and 2 of 70+ points. Bennett is a career 40 point guy. Physical, hard working. Good middle six guy, still possible late career bloom but realistically he probably peaks as a 50 point guy

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Okay, but Sam Bennett hasn't even hit 50 points in a single season in his career.

For what it's worth, Kadri hasn't had a 90 point season, but 87. But he has had 5 seasons of 50+ points, and 2 of 70+ points. Bennett is a career 40 point guy. Physical, hard working. Good middle six guy, still possible late career bloom but realistically he probably peaks as a 50 point guy
Ridiculous undervaluation of Bennett. 6 game point streak in the 3rd round/cup finals right now, near PPG as 2C on the cup run, never a liability, always playing physical. He was such a big loss for us

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Ridiculous undervaluation of Bennett. 6 game point streak in the 3rd round/cup finals right now, near PPG as 2C on the cup run, never a liability, always playing physical. He was such a big loss for us
Exactly though. A good middle six forward. Not the "PPG #1 Center" that I was refuting

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I think I’d rather have lost in 7 in the WCF than win, and have this kind of showing so far in the SCF if I were an Oilers fan

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I'm happy to see Tkachuk and Bennett, and Lomberg to win the cup if it happens. Loved all of them as Flames. Oilers losing is a nice bonus.

And I was critical of Bennett when he was a Flame, glad to see he's improved. But like others have said, he's not a 90point #1C and perennial Conn Smythe winner. Still love the way he plays the game

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
More than anything I think Florida just found that right "mix" of players and coaching. That's a group that is totally in sync from top to bottom and play above the sum of their parts. Yes, they do have a ton of skill, but they are winning games due to their structure as a five man unit and desire compete for one another. They simply have no passengers. Paul Maurice is a certified beauty, and he deserves a ton of credit for the work he has done with that roster.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
More than anything I think Florida just found that right "mix" of players and coaching. That's a group that is totally in sync from top to bottom and play above the sum of their parts. Yes, they do have a ton of skill, but they are winning games due to their structure as a five man unit and desire compete for one another. They simply have no passengers. Paul Maurice is a certified beauty, and he deserves a ton of credit for the work he has done with that roster.
Barkov is essentially Bergeron/Prime Kopitar which is a perfect counter to a team which relies heavily on a few superstars.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
I'm happy to see Tkachuk and Bennett, and Lomberg to win the cup if it happens. Loved all of them as Flames. Oilers losing is a nice bonus.

And I was critical of Bennett when he was a Flame, glad to see he's improved. But like others have said, he's not a 90point #1C and perennial Conn Smythe winner. Still love the way he plays the game
I just don't get why any player would ever be held to this standard as a measuring stick or why this measuring stick would even be a reference point. 90 point 1C Conn Smythe winner? So literally just Crosby? Same could be said for every player in the league that isn't Crosby/Mack/Barkov.

Bennett is a core player and top-6C on a cup team. Simple as that imo. Plays hard/physical and scores when it matters. Losing him for a 2nd was a horrific move in hindsight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad