GDT: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023-24

Round 1 Winners?

• Total voters

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Congrats to the cats. Well earned.

It just sucks thinking about how closely related Calgary is to Florida. They end up with Barkov. We got Sean Monahan. They get Ekblad, we get Sam Bennett and promptly trade them the player for nothing.

We trade them, Tkachuk and give the guy we traded him for one of the worst contracts in the NHL. Cursed.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Congrats to the cats. Well earned.

It just sucks thinking about how closely related Calgary is to Florida. They end up with Barkov. We got Sean Monahan. They get Ekblad, we get Sam Bennett and promptly trade them the player for nothing.

We trade them, Tkachuk and give the guy we traded him for one of the worst contracts in the NHL. Cursed.

I would have gladly traded them more if I knew it meant keeping the Oilers from winning the cup.

Reactions: Fig and lightstorm

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Hindsight being 20/20 it’s crazy how wrong the Flames management staff was at picking horses.

All the dominos started when we signed James "JPeeper is going to piss on his grave" Neal. Literally, had cap space issues after that which ended up not being able to sign Chucky for 8 years (because we had to keep Frolik) instead of a dumb bridge. Treliving refusing to sign Gaudreau the summer prior to his free agency. Trading Bennett because Sutter was stuck in his senile ways when Monahan was broken and still being played. Trading all that capital for bumass Hamonic who ruined Hanifin before he popped back with Rasmus.

James Neal signing was the catalyst to why the Flames are entering another re-build (even though Connie won't say it).

Reactions: Boomstick

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
2021 Flames in a timeline where Bennett was used properly and there was no Geoff Ward and we expose Dube to the Expansion Draft

Gaudreau - Bennett - Tkachuk
Monahan - Backlund - Lindholm
Mangiapane - Ryan - Coleman

Kylington - Tanev
Giordano - Andersson
Hanifin - Gudbranson

That should have been a Cup run

Reactions: Boomstick

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Would almost rather they lose in 7 than get swept. So much hope coming back from 3-0 only for it to be crushed. Lovely

Congrats Matthew, Sam, and Ryan
Not I.
Every home playoff game puts tens of millions into their (alleged - multiple times) sexual predator owner's pockets.

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I don't think I could take the "Greatest comeback of All-Time by the Greatest Player of All-Time" recourse.

I never thought of this... I got goosebumps thinking about those types of threads and polls.

Any time comeback is mentioned, I'll always think of this clip :

• Haha
Reactions: tmurfin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad