Stanley Cup Playoffs 2014 - 2015 Discussions, Predictions & Game Chat II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This entire game changed when they only gave buff 2. You kick him out like you should have and I bet things would be different.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This has gotta be Dubnyk's first ever playoff shutout? I don't think he ever played a playoff game before this season, not playing on Edmonton all those years.:laugh:

Does Hitchcock go back to Elliott? I would hope not. Elliott is a career backup that looks good in regular season games (Cechmanaigfjgk and Esche) but isn't very good in the playoffs.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Except this moronic system the nhl employs bases the punishment on how injured the player is. No injury means one or less.

Repeat offender should be the overriding factor, here, but I have little faith.

I honestly thought things would change when Campbell was no longer in charge.

Lo and behold, night 1 of the playoffs in 2012, Shea Weber slams Zetterberg's head straight into the glass and gets off with nothing more than a fine. That sealed my opinion.

DoPS will always be the same old ********* over and over.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Good grief I saw the Byfuglien punch on Twitter, that's almost as bad as Dale Hunter and Pierre Turgeon back in the '90's, only Hunter socked Turgeon right into the net and broke his jaw I think.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The jets are the kind of team that could give everything to win a single series but would flame out in the second round. They are ok but playing above their heads.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The jets are the kind of team that could give everything to win a single series but would flame out in the second round. They are ok but playing above their heads.

Whoever they play in the next round would be getting through a real emotional series though, and is an overachiever themselves.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think Allen has allowed more than 2 in any of these playoff games.

Hitch might indulge in the kool aid and play his boy Elliott. That worked out real well in 2013 for him.

Allen has been way better than that overrated trash Ryan Miller was last year.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Where do the wild rank in possession?

I'm surprised to see that they were pretty middle of the road coming into the playoffs, even in score adjusted metrics.
That's even counting out their bed ******** first half of the season.

I honestly thought they'd be upper echelon after their trade deadline pick ups.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
That goal.

My god. :amazed:

Did my eyes deceive me, or did I just see something that actually looked like ice hockey? That's how goals USED to be scored when I was a kid.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think Allen has allowed more than 2 in any of these playoff games.

Hitch might indulge in the kool aid and play his boy Elliott. That worked out real well in 2013 for him.

Allen has been way better than that overrated trash Ryan Miller was last year.

I think you'll see a goaltending change in Winnipeg before St. Louis.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Remember when the West used to be all defense & goaltending...

I think the Wild are the only team preaching either at the moment.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Nice blast Little.

Crowd is making a huge difference
They are fully behind their team and don't whine about nonsense and frivolous stuff.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I hate seeing good teams knocked out early by pretenders because they took them lightly. You better wake the **** up Anaheim. I can't see this jets team advancing past the second round and whoever they play the series will be significantly less interesting than it would be with the Ducks.

Crowd has been good though. I'll give them that.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
:shakehead Seriously, two dangerous cheapshots in his last 5 games

If Perry gets injured there it's a suspension. If Perry misses significant time, it's a lengthy suspension. No injury, no suspension. That's the stupid system this league employs. It's just the way it is. There is no way that didn't shake Perrys head up, and just because he's not going to admit it, Buff will get away with it. Yet this is way worse than a boarding call where the guy turns last second and faces the boards, which the league punishes more harshly. This is a mockery of sportsmanship. It's a giant being pissed that his team was scored on and essentially being a big baby. This is the kind of thing that should get you ostracized by the whole league. This is Suh territory.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hate seeing good teams knocked out early by pretenders because they took them lightly. You better wake the **** up Anaheim. I can't see this jets team advancing past the second round and whoever they play the series will be significantly less interesting than it would be with the Ducks.

Crowd has been good though. I'll give them that.

If there's one really good team I could see Winnipeg beating, it's the Ducks for sure.

Losing playoff series they should win is one thing that's followed Boudreau around.

I don't think his teams have ever lost to a team like this though, at least not with as much playoff inexperience as the Jets have.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If there's one really good team I could see Winnipeg beating, it's the Ducks for sure.

Losing playoff series they should win is one thing that's followed Boudreau around.

I don't think his teams have ever lost to a team like this though, at least not with as much playoff inexperience as the Jets have.

I know, but I hesitate to use that excuse seeing what Washington is doing. But maybe it takes years to get rid of that playoff no show attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad