GDT: Stanley Cup Final Game 7: Edmonton Oilers at Florida Panthers 8pm ET (Puck Drop 8:20pm ET)

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Oilers almost pulled it off with skinner in net.

Like I said, they play with right mentality, but I thought they had too many holes.... it turns out they were fine outside of middle pairing issues.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I never bought into this cheer for the Oilers as they are a Canadian team bs. There is only one Canadian based team that deserves to win the big prize and that is the Montreal Canadiens hockey club. We were the last Canadian team to win it and will be the next to win it again.

I don't care much for the canadian narrative.... but I noted during this final that alot of casuals were talking about it and cheering for Edmonton in Vancouver.

I was cheering g for Edmonton mostly because I wanted to see a reverse sweep.

Reactions: Wats and tnq

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
While the result is disappointing, what's most apparent is just how far this team is from being a legit contender. Hughes has a lot of work to do.
We beat the Panthers 5-3 in our last meeting. As far as I'm concerned that means the cup is as good as ours next year!:sarcasm:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
As great as a 3-0 comeback would had been, Florida put their big boy pants on and played their game tonight. Bob also had himself a good game.

I’m sure if’s obviously disappointing for Oils, but they ended up making a series out of this. Some if their depth really stepped up also. Shame Draisaitl came up dry and McDavid wasn’t as effective last two games but it is what it is.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
The Panthers were the more balanced team, especially on defense, while the Oilers 3 star forwards (counting Hyman) ran out of gas. The defensive ineptitude on the winning goal demonstrated that disparity.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't care much for the canadian narrative.... but I noted during this final that alot of casuals were talking about it and cheering for Edmonton in Vancouver.

I was cheering g for Edmonton mostly because I wanted to see a reverse sweep.
It redeemed a pretty boring playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad