Speculation: Stammergeddon 2024: Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• Yes

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Even with Stamkos and Guentzel I don't think we have enough depth to push guys down. Cirelli is still the 2C.
This is why I'd rather have Bertuzzi too. I think he comes in around 6m. That leaves room for, maybe Kane on a discount? Suddenly we have the best top6 in the league again.

But I mean, whoever we get, it still pushes someone down. I think the most likely path forward is Guetzel + a serviceable RHD.

However you slice it, considering what Sergachev's role would have been, we are going to be a better team, and possibly good enough for a couple more real cracks at a cup.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
That's the same thing we did last year, sub Duclair for Guentzel. That second line worked well the end of the year. I'm just saying we're still not pushing anyone down to the bottom lines.
I'm theory you could drop Cirelli to 3C with Paul ans Ace at the wings gor a shutdown line, or bring Paul up to 2nd line with Stamkos and a top 6 winger FA they sign.

They probably don't have enough cap to bring in a 3rd line guy if they sign a big top 6 FA and Stammer and then pay Moser.

Sheary (as of right now, he could still be moved) will probably get a crack on the 2nd line again, so that could drop Cirelli to improve 3rd line depth

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If the coaching staff wants to squeeze more offense out of our third line, don't discount Geekie making 3C out of camp. Paul-Geekie would be a formidable duo, and then you can pray Sheary turns a corner or put Essyimont on that line.

Glendening and Chaffee should be our fourth line guys.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Prob. That leaves roughly $11.5 in cap left? If Guentzel gets 8 that leaves $3.5 to resign Moser and fill the rest of the holes.
Won't be enough for Stamkos, Guentzel, Moser, a 7th dman, and 2-3 additional F. If they move Sheary and Perbix,.or at least save some.by waiving or buying out Sheary, it might work.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Cirelli won't be moved at this point. I'd look tomre-sign Stamkos at 5ish, go after Carrier around 3.5, clear at least some of Sheary, if not all, and trade Perbix. Sign Moser for around 2.5 maybe, then sign Tarasenko at 4-4.5. Fill in the 3rd line with someone like Martinook around 2.5, and then re-sign Motte and promote Goncalves and one of Lilleberg/Crozier. It would be close, but Tampa could make something similar to that work.
Hagel-Point-Kuch
Stamkos-Cirelli-Tank
Martinook-Paul-Ace
Motte-Glendening-Chaffee

Hedmsn-Raddysh
McD-Cernak
Moser-Carrier
Looks pretty good to me.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Apparently Moser can play RD. Don't rule out Moser pairing up with Hedman, for the first time since Stralman Hedman has a guy who can do a great job covering for him if he wants to join the attack.

Last edited:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Gotta give Stammer his 5m now, right?
At least now that there is Cap Space.

Prob. That leaves roughly $11.5 in cap left? If Guentzel gets 8 that leaves $3.5 to resign Moser and fill the rest of the holes.
Signing Guentzel puts us right back to where we were before the trades regarding not having Cap Space to fill a competent roster. Let us wait to see who is available on the 1st for a reasonable contract and what holes we have left to fill BEFORE we drop nearly all of our remaining space in one contract.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
At least now that there is Cap Space.

Signing Guentzel puts us right back to where we were before the trades regarding not having Cap Space to fill a competent roster. Let us wait to see who is available on the 1st for a reasonable contract and what holes we have left to fill BEFORE we drop nearly all of our remaining space in one contract.
If you have the chance of signing Guentzel, you do it.
He's literally right there with Kuch and Point in term of ability to elevate his game during Playoff. He'd be an insane add for our postseasons shenanigans.

Truly hope we can sign him.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
S
If the coaching staff wants to squeeze more offense out of our third line, don't discount Geekie making 3C out of camp. Paul-Geekie would be a formidable duo, and then you can pray Sheary turns a corner or put Essyimont on that line.

Glendening and Chaffee should be our fourth line guys.

Cirelli won't be moved at this point. I'd look tomre-sign Stamkos at 5ish, go after Carrier around 3.5, clear at least some of Sheary, if not all, and trade Perbix. Sign Moser for around 2.5 maybe, then sign Tarasenko at 4-4.5. Fill in the 3rd line with someone like Martinook around 2.5, and then re-sign Motte and promote Goncalves and one of Lilleberg/Crozier. It would be close, but Tampa could make something similar to that work.
Hagel-Point-Kuch
Stamkos-Cirelli-Tank
Martinook-Paul-Ace
Motte-Glendening-Chaffee

Hedmsn-Raddysh
McD-Cernak
Moser-Carrier
Looks pretty good to me.
Can bury Sheary in the minors if needed and eat the dead cap hit

He's literally right there with Kuch and Point in term of ability to elevate his game during Playoff. He'd be an insane add for our postseasons shenanigans.

8 AAV would be the max I’d pay guentzel but if we get Stamkos to take 4.5 aav or 5 we can make it work just need to dump Sheary somewhere

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
S

Can bury Sheary in the minors if needed and eat the dead cap hit

8 AAV would be the max I’d pay guentzel but if we get Stamkos to take 4.5 aav or 5 we can make it work just need to dump Sheary somewhere
It's pretty tight even dumping Sheary. They'd have 18.5 available, but Stamkos+Guentzel would eat up ~13 easily. Moser probably 2.5-3, and after signing a 7th dman-likely either Lilleberg or Crozier, let's say Motte or similar around 800-900k, and promoting Goncalves for example at 775k, they'd be maxed out with only a 21 player roster. If Moser came in closer to 2, they could squeeze 22 players perhaps, but I doubt Moser comes in that low. I'd spread the space more ad in my above example and have a good 2nd line still while adding onntbe 3rd line amd at RD rather than spending it all on Guentzel.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Yep for sure then a second line of hagel,Cirell and stamkos that’s a actual legit top 6 compared to what we had

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
It's pretty tight even dumping Sheary. They'd have 18.5 available, but Stamkos+Guentzel would eat up ~13 easily. Moser probably 2.5-3, and after signing a 7th dman-likely either Lilleberg or Crozier, let's say Motte or similar around 800-900k, and promoting Goncalves for example at 775k, they'd be maxed out with only a 21 player roster. If Moser came in closer to 2, they could squeeze 22 players perhaps, but I doubt Moser comes in that low. I'd spread the space more ad in my above example and have a good 2nd line still while adding onntbe 3rd line amd at RD rather than spending it all on Guentzel.
Excellent and logical post; thank you.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If I am JBB I am offering Moser an 8 year deal if we can afford it. At least that's one guy you know we need who can take some of the tough minutes from Hedman and McDonagh now and into the future.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
I am sure these Guentzel rumors are pissing off Stamkos but his agent has publicly stated that he is going to free agency on July 1. The gloves are off baby !

It reminds me how the Blackhawks treated Kane. At least Stamkos got an offer. Kane never got one.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Won't be enough for Stamkos, Guentzel, Moser, a 7th dman, and 2-3 additional F. If they move Sheary and Perbix,.or at least save some.by waiving or buying out Sheary, it might work.
Liliberg is 7th dman. 2-3 additional peices like who? Our bottom 6 is all but set. We could grab a vet min player but we need top 6 forwards (1 being a hopeful Stammer re-signing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad