GDT: St Louis @ Toronto - 7pm - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
What has Roberston done to justify his wanting out this summer. He is just a meh player.

Tavares is washed and is no longer effective on the PP. This is year is a reset year next year will be the test when you have no Tavares and will see about Marner.

He's a sniper. The least important role a player can have. If he was big he could get the C.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The 2nd goal has been the only goal on the team

1st goal point shot that should never go in, and would not have gone in on Stolarz.

2nd goal not his fault.

3rd goal, he made the stupid decision to play the puck and because he made the stupid decision to play the puck he gave it away and the Blues scored.

Joseph Woll is losing them this game
1St goal Matthews was screening him and looking like he wanted to get a screen for STL

3Rd goal is his only mistake so far

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
The positives.

Woll isn’t injured.
Woll hasn’t been bad.
We are dominating faceoffs.
Berube hasn’t quit yet.
My dinner was good.

Unserious team otherwise, with the worst player tonight being Matthews.

One must ask. What did you have?
I had some home made Pho... I want to say it was good because I made it
Wife feels different.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Honestly - no marner next year, cowan can fill his spot. Use the cap space to get a true top pairing defensemen, LD or RD.

Reactions: arso40

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
My point is all the media can’t pay Berube on the back fast enough for supposedly being so tough and no nonsense guy, but there’s been no evidence. Keefe benched Kampf and Robertson and even called out Nylander sometimes . It’s Matthews and Marner that run the show. Berube has done absolutely nothing to show anything has changed. They play together as they demand, they pick the PP basically. Now we have Matthews stinking defensively and Berube hasn’t done a thing . Wanna bet he doesn’t call Matthews out after the game?

Berube being a so called tough guy coach means nothing if Auston and Mitch get a free pass and run the show and Berube is no different than Keefe. Only difference is the narrative.
Almost zero coaches call out players to the media. The most they might say is "He has to be better"

He might be chewing them out right now. We have no idea.

There is zero evidence that Marner and Matthews dictate who plays with who, either on the PP or regular season. I will go back to my earlier statement that we will have to wait 20 to 30 games before he fully asseses everything and makes his moves. Besides, if all that matters is playoff results then he actually has 70+ games to figure it out

Reactions: arso40

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
There's a clear double standard. Its natural that frustration builds with tenure, but this place would lose their mind if a Keefe had this team a period away from a .500 start with awful special teams, constant like shuffling albeit with Matthews/Marner somehow staples together. I'd also say there was tough love that didn't work with this core a few times already, so Keefe adapted his approach to be softer as they consistently folded under pressure

It wouldn't/won't be fair for either of the.
Exactly.
Look at this tweet. If Keefe or Babcock did this, it's bad coaching. Yet for Berube it's a message? Give me a break.

Reactions: arso40 and Gallagbi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad