GDT: St Louis @ Toronto - 7pm - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I agree, but no one cares about that here, he puts up points, he gets scored against at an equal rate but people don't care about the defensive side it seems.
It's more of when he scores is what makes the narrative.

It's a gross exaggeration to say he doesn't care defensively, as it is saying he is their best player.

He does have a knack for scoring big goals though.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Don't think he's been bad in the playoffs on the defensive side when games matter

Oh he certainly has. He gets better as the series progresses I have found but all the games matter in the playoffs not just the last 2 or 3 of the series.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It's more of when he scores is what makes the narrative.

It's a gross exaggeration to say he doesn't care defensively, as it is saying he is their best player.

He does have a knack for scoring big goals though.

And for not producing more than he lets it... it gets ignored.

It's the same with Draisaitl, puts up big points, gets scored on a ton, but people think that is the player you win with... you win with the guys who are constantly outscoring the opposition.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Babcock would send out 4th line because he was in love with certain players, he always loved his role players. While Berube is sending out because he wants to send a message to his top players

how many times have these guys been embarrassed now?

- 1st round exits
- zamboni driver
- habs colors on CN Tower
- Game 7 garbage
- keefe having to walk back comments
- etc....

There has to be some "ownership" of their failures and course correction in attitude and on ice display

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
And for not producing more than he lets it... it gets ignored.

It's the same with Draisaitl, puts up big points, gets scored on a ton, but people think that is the player you win with... you win with the guys who are constantly outscoring the opposition.
The heck would a leaf know about winning?

Draisaitl and the oilers who have had actual deep playoff runs

Draisaitl style of hockey has him with 81 pts in 53 games past 3 years and a WCF, WCSF, and SCF run

What he is doing is working for him and the oilers.

To bad matthews/marner cant do that

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Gee, I really thought things were going to different after Monday's game. :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad