GDT: St Louis @ Toronto - 7pm - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
There's a clear double standard. Its natural that frustration builds with tenure, but this place would lose their mind if a Keefe had this team a period away from a .500 start with awful special teams, constant like shuffling albeit with Matthews/Marner somehow staples together.

It wouldn't/won't be fair for either of the.

At some point we might just have to accept this core isn't it or the 4 forwards getting all the money strat won't work here.

We have given this team build design/Core more runway than any professional sports team I've ever followed.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Knies looks like he's listening. Matthews looks like an arrogant, sulking child lol. I am really bitchy tonight, so probably reading too much into it.

I think Matthews has been great in most games, just can't finish.

Knies has been good all year, but I also think he is growing as a player.

I don't think anything is wrong, they just are going through a rough patch, I just am more so making fun of the people who blame the coach for everything.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Pretty sure that was the end of his shift
But yes, lets keep finding flaws
Marner always has a problem with getting caught from behind... it happens often. Especially in the playoffs. But okay... keep making excuses for Marner:

8 gp 1 g 7 points -4

Thus far with game 8 not done

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Knies-Matthews-Reaves (just tell Knies and Reaves to dump and hit)
Nylander-Domi-Marner (put out there for scoring)
McMann-Tavares-Robertson (Speed on wings)
Lorentz-Kampf-Holmberg every now and then line

Tell Matthews to get Reaves going LOL

Reactions: Cleetus

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Until the fans turn on him too. Anyone who signs here better be watching Wendel Clark videos, because either you play like Wendel or the fans WILL hate you.
So dramatic...lol

Clark and Gilmour were very easy to cheer for...there was never any doubt if they were giving all they had. If you leave it all out on the ice the fans will love you win or lose.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Marner always has a problem with getting caught from behind... it happens often. Especially in the playoffs.

yes, great skaters will catch up to you. He's not the fastest skater, but he's not overally slow

St.Louis has some really fast players, Joseph as you saw is one of them
They also have Kryou and Kapanen who are super fast

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
There's a clear double standard. Its natural that frustration builds with tenure, but this place would lose their mind if a Keefe had this team a period away from a .500 start with awful special teams, constant like shuffling albeit with Matthews/Marner somehow staples together. I'd also say there was tough love that didn't work with this core a few times already, so Keefe adapted his approach to be softer as they consistently folded under pressure

It wouldn't/won't be fair for either of the.

To be fair to both Keefe and Berube (and Babcock), the kind of hockey we're seeing tonight looks like the semi regular F Game where the team is just playing its uncoachable shit hockey. It's not north south, it's not east west. It's sloppy, dumb and led by the superstar leadership running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad