GDT: St Louis @ Toronto - 7pm - TSN

chuckt

May 4, 2022
Thomas is out, Blues don't have a legit top six center. Combine that with the Leafs likely being fired up for Berube, as well as being angry with their last game, and I think this one is going to get ugly.

As a Blues fan, I'll be watching at least until it does.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Thomas is out, Blues don't have a legit top six center. Combine that with the Leafs likely being fired up for Berube, as well as being angry with their last game, and I think this one is going to get ugly.

As a Blues fan, I'll be watching at least until it does.
We'll see. Leafs have a history of embarrassing themselves in meaningful games or where pride is on the line. I would hope after the dogshit showing on Tuesday they play hard today.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
1729809760889.png

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
The only people scoring are the top two lines and Tavares.

I do agree they can score more and likely will, but the depth scoring has been atrocious.

Pacioretty - 32 point pace
Lorentz - 24 point pace
Kampf - 14 point pace
Holmberg - 11 point pace
Robertson - 11 point pace
Reaves - 0 point pace

It's early, so this is not too concerning yet, but the depth has not been helping offensively at all.
When is your cut off for when it becomes concerning

Truthfully I'd like a bit of a goalie controversy, it could mean that both Joe and Anthony are playing really well, and that means great things for the Buds

Blues pk is currently 27th league wide at just over 70%. It could be the tonic the Leaf PP needs to get off the schnide, that is of course if the Blues get called for anything. I heard anecdotally that the Leafs are currently last in PP differential.

Leafs are on their way to surpassing last year's leader those maybe not so mighty Ducks of Anaheim, who had a whopping 94 minors difference, which is 188 minutes or 3 games shorthanded if my math is correct. 3 games shorthanded, jeebuzz!
We already have a goalie controversy………one of them can’t stay healthy

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Interesting they promote Lorentz (might just be a Holmberg demotion).

I don't think he's looked great (relative to the first couple of games) in the last few games.

Still a good 4th liner, but the promotion must just be Holmberg sucking or that line being bad.

Also fine with Tavares playing with grinders, I think he does well with low skilled players.

Reactions: authentic

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I'm going to say Leafs lose in OT 4-3, possibly shootout.

The great thing here is I'm always wrong.

14:23 into game 31.

There is no set rule, but I am not ready to say the year is a failure or players are who they are after 7 games.
It's 20 games according to Bob MacKenzie many years ago, and it seems to be a true thing. Very few outliers.

20 games in you know who's making the playoffs.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It's 20 games according to Bob MacKenzie many years ago, and it seems to be a true thing. Very few outliers.

20 games in you know who's making the playoffs.

I'm fine with 20 games being a number you can get a good idea of who a player is or what a team is... I just think judging the pace of a player after 7 would not be too accurate.

That is where the original discussion stems from.

Reactions: authentic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad