GDT: St Louis @ Toronto - 7pm - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

horner

May 22, 2007
Edmonton made a mistake not matching Broberg .
You could see in the playoffs he was going to be good not this good 7 pts in 8 games..
The thought the needed more offense Skinner and they got slower.

Reactions: arso40

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
When you have 4 of the top 12 cap hits in the nhl, it’s hard to spread the wealth

Do we have the least expensive goalies? That's got to make up for something.

Probably spend the same on depth as someone like Florida for example.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Perimeter hockey in the 1st. Why can't they never work the puck up to the points, crowd front of the net and then look for tips, rebound goals, etc...

I mean the "lessons" learning period is long over ffs

St.Louis has some really fast players. I take it they are afraid of deflection the other way

Reactions: PromisedLand

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I should be good. I have a fissure so I have to keep the stool soft for the rest of my life basically.
IMG_9504.gif

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This doesn’t look like north south hockey. It looks like the same old soft perimeter shit.

It's also unfortunate they came out like this for Berube against his former team. Tell us you care all you want, but when this kind of F game, the apathy is so deep in their DNA they probably don't even know it's there. Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares, Rielly, all on you.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Nah they never commit to a philosophy. MM does not match Berube for instance. Always one foot in one foot out
MM does NOT match Berube. MM is a figure skater, Berube wants North South.

Something has to give there, and I hope it favours Berube, because the Mitch Marner perimiter play is not going to win a cup. Simple as that.

No way I can stomach paying Mitch the $12m miniumum he's going to hold out for. Let him walk.

Reactions: horner and arso40

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
This team is so perimeter. I hope Berube can break this habit.

The players are what they are. They're not going to suddenly change something that has gotten them paid more than their comparables in the league and God-like ass kissing status from the "toughest market in the league". They have no reason to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad