SSM Greyhounds 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Hell just go for it now! The GM is already a marked man, you think he is going to sell off and lose his job in the offseason ? Team is 1 veteran defenseman away from competing for the division with all these pieces coming back.

I think if they go 50/50 down the stretch with Charlie and Miller then that keeps everyone happy including Detroit for development.

Not saying I agree with this but that's how I see this front office proceeding, I do not see a sell-off happening.

2 or 3 rounds of playoffs will do wonders for Martin, Hayes and Miller again.

Carlisle needs to stay out of the box, he takes a lot of penalties. I assume he is not getting a suspension on his hit in the 2nd period on Sunday?

The team is shaping up to be pretty decent. Carson Andrew's skating has improved a lot in the last month.

Don't forget Brodie McConnell-Barker should be coming back soon, who will he replace? Gillen ?
2 or 3 rounds for Martin and Hayes as 17 year olds?

Nah, I'd rather 4 rounds as 18 or 19 year olds. Cause there's no way we have anything if we go for it this year.

Reactions: OHLfan200

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
They will sell off pieces and remain competitive without the pieces. Whatever we move out, there will be players returned. We do not have the assets to add anything, it’ll be another pretender year. We have a chance to build the next couple years like Saginaw did, and we must learn from mistakes. This isn’t a championship team now but the pieces are there to be extremely dominate the next 2 seasons. We have a legitimate chance to build and toss our names into the Memorial Cup host hat again here. I see the much larger picture.

Best to assume Nordh and Allard have only two months left, in Nordhs case even less.

Also @DWI Dale it’s unofficial
Allard, Mignosa and Gibson would be three guys I’d move at the deadline and you’ll get some nice future assets back for that. Oshawa would be a good fit for Mignosa.

Rivrfront

Aug 30, 2024
OHL CHAMPION WILL BE ONE OF 4 TEAMS. ( Opinion ) when all is sorted out
after the trade deadline. EITHER
LONDON, BRAMPTON, OSHAWA, OR BARRIE.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Hell just go for it now! The GM is already a marked man, you think he is going to sell off and lose his job in the offseason ? Team is 1 veteran defenseman away from competing for the division with all these pieces coming back.

I think if they go 50/50 down the stretch with Charlie and Miller then that keeps everyone happy including Detroit for development.

Not saying I agree with this but that's how I see this front office proceeding, I do not see a sell-off happening.

2 or 3 rounds of playoffs will do wonders for Martin, Hayes and Miller again.

Carlisle needs to stay out of the box, he takes a lot of penalties. I assume he is not getting a suspension on his hit in the 2nd period on Sunday?

The team is shaping up to be pretty decent. Carson Andrew's skating has improved a lot in the last month.

Don't forget Brodie McConnell-Barker should be coming back soon, who will he replace? Gillen ?
He would be fired for not building around Martin and Hayes. I can see how you would get excited about the new additions, but this is not optimal. It’s another 2nd round exit waiting to happen. We need to focus more on the future and building around our 07’s.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
IMO,
Carlisle is more important to us holding down the fort for a young defence corps when Gibby is gone than what we will get for him. Especially as an OA, he'd have to be head and shoulders above what other teams already have. Allard may be in that boat, but not sure Carlisle is.

I'm not sure Gibby is on Donovan's level. Donovan was head and shoulders the best all around defenceman in the league last year and IMO the reason Saginaw won. Gibby is really good but to say he's better than Donovan is a pretty big stretch.

I think we need shenkel here unless an opposing GM blows Raftis out of the water with a proposal. we need him to keep us in games and so the young team doesn't get frustrated. I know you're still on the miller boat, but that ship has sailed for me. i'm not confident he will have any better numbers when we start playing the big dogs. Only way i trade shenkle is if we can get the Import tender over after the deadline.

not sure anyone will take brown and his gold package at this point. may be here until he either ages out or gets cut. at this point i'd have him centering the 4th line....seems a waste to have Smith there now.

That's quite a statement, given that he wasn't really a standout defender. Good, but he wasn't close to the level of a guy like Buchinger or Kudryavtsev, both of whom had more points as well. There's also guys like Ty Nelson, Sam Dickinson, and Connor Punnett, who I thought were considerably better in an all-around sense. There's probably even more if I were to look.

Gibson was voted the league's best shot blocker and was a finalist for best defender in the OHL coaches poll last year. He's the exact type of guy that teams will be looking for.

Writing off Miller after he was better than Schenkel last year just because of 2 games seems unwise. He's very talented and Charlie is a great example of how long it takes goaltenders to develop. He was an awful goaltender for his whole career until most of the way through last season and now look at him. You just have to let them play and hope the talent shines through. This is the season to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad