SSM Greyhounds 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Squirrel88

Jul 1, 2023
I know angst is what sports is all about, but maybe take a deep breath about the draft. Look at Kitchener's '06 draft if you want to feel a little better. First and second round picks didn't show, third rounder (Bottineau) is underperforming his draft slot and 4th rounder left the team and seems to be out of hockey. Not great, bob.

Time for your management to get creative and look for players that are not getting opportunities on stronger teams that they can get on a discount. Ellinas is looking good in blue, and Campbell and Dirracolo each play a role. Opportunities are out there.

Reactions: DWI Dale

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
our '08 draft is an unmitigated disaster. i have no problem with our fans or anybody elses fans pointing this out.

in my opinion the organization, whether it's Raftis or Lukenda, owes the fanbase an explanation of how things went so wrong, and what they plan to do to fix it. our arrogance and poor asset management has really caught up to us and it feels like we're circling the drain.

unfortunately our local media is too closely tied to the team, and function as nothing but a PR outfit because at this moment in time an independent media would be asking some tough questions.
With the way things are going…..just because he’s NCAA committed doesn’t mean he still can’t show up in the Soo and then go NCAA.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Glad to see Miller starting today. Statistically not playing well. Opportunity this afternoon to gain some confidence and start improving the GAA and Save %.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
I know angst is what sports is all about, but maybe take a deep breath about the draft.

I feel ya. But our bad draft/players is more the symptom of a larger philosophical corner the franchise has cornered itself in. But there's still time to build a team around our promising '07s, but the margin for error has been reduced to almost 0.0%.

Reactions: Squirrel88

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Our linesman are still the worst in the league this year. Quesnele is just as useless doing the lines as he was when he was on the hounds.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Not bad for a team that can 'barely be considered OHL caliber'. Andrew is looking looking like a gem of a pick so far. Credit to our scouts for finding a first round talent that was overlooked due to his location.

Reactions: BehindSooNet

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Our linesman are still the worst in the league this year. Quesnele is just as useless doing the lines as he was when he was on the hounds.
Shockingly bad today. Bad icing calls. Calling icing on you when Sarnia passed it back... Taking forever to drop the puck. Missed a puck going into the netting in the 1st I believe. Called an icing when Surzycia played it. They were gonna call an icing on a PK before Surzycia played it a different time. Horrid.

Gibson is gonna fetch a nice return. Andrew is definitely a stud in the making. 🍻🍻

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Super pumped for Miller to get that W. He battled all throughout that game, props to him. Another gutsy performance by the players as well. Good for them, here for it!

Reactions: BehindSooNet

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Shockingly bad today. Bad icing calls. Calling icing on you when Sarnia passed it back... Taking forever to drop the puck. Missed a puck going into the netting in the 1st I believe. Called an icing when Surzycia played it. They were gonna call an icing on a PK before Surzycia played it a different time. Horrid.

Gibson is gonna fetch a nice return. Andrew is definitely a stud in the making. 🍻🍻
Dude it's been so bad for the last number of years...since one current linesman stepped on our goalies leg and blamed it on him. Seriously see 8 to 10 wrong calls a game here. They're terrible lol

Ad

Ad

Ad