SSM Greyhounds 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Do we know for sure that we have rights to Allard? I believe OAs have to resign a 1 year contract, do we know that Allard signed?

The OHL rights of Allard belong to the hounds. I am certain of this because Fimis and Wakely are not on the Knights roster.

Reactions: JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
I'd take Gibson over Parekh personally...this may not be the popular opinion, but IMO, the best player/pickup that Saginaw could have made last year was Jorian Donovan. He was an absolute beast on defence, and chipped in with a few points along the way...i see Gibson as the same type of player. Parekh is flashy, and puts up some points, but guys like Donovan and Gibson are what push teams forward.

Not trying to disrespect Saginaw or it's fans, they may see things differently, having watched Parekh exclusively the past two years. this is from an outsider looking in...i said last year in the playoffs that if Saginaw beats us, it's going to be because we have no answer for Donovan's size, speed and skill on the back end.
Rafis went public in saying he "tried" to make a deal happen that didn't materialize last year. I think it was to add another D like Donovan, but who knows? I thought the Soo should have been in on Connor Punnett myself.

The OHL rights of Allard belong to the hounds. I am certain of this because Fimis and Wakely are not on the Knights roster.

Yes, we do. Owen is still listed on our roster officially like @dirty12 said

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I'd take Gibson over Parekh personally...this may not be the popular opinion, but IMO, the best player/pickup that Saginaw could have made last year was Jorian Donovan. He was an absolute beast on defence, and chipped in with a few points along the way...i see Gibson as the same type of player. Parekh is flashy, and puts up some points, but guys like Donovan and Gibson are what push teams forward.

Not trying to disrespect Saginaw or it's fans, they may see things differently, having watched Parekh exclusively the past two years. this is from an outsider looking in...i said last year in the playoffs that if Saginaw beats us, it's going to be because we have no answer for Donovan's size, speed and skill on the back end.
It really depends on the buying teams needs . Teams may need to upgrade their offensive defenseman while another team may need a more defensive defenseman. So which is better is more a relative question as they are both good at what they do.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
imo i think saginaw will be buyers, not sellers. i also get what outsider is saying. a team with a top pairing defensive dman with some offensive upside might seek out a player like parekh, where a team with a high skill offensive dman with some defensive liability might seek out a shutdown partner.

i think Gibson's strength is that he offers some of both without one coming at the expense of the other, and agree that he's right at the top, if not the top asset potentially available on defense. i guess we'll find out after christmas!

Reactions: Houndzfan20

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
imo i think saginaw will be buyers, not sellers. i also get what outsider is saying. a team with a top pairing defensive dman with some offensive upside might seek out a player like parekh, where a team with a high skill offensive dman with some defensive liability might seek out a shutdown partner.

i think Gibson's strength is that he offers some of both without one coming at the expense of the other, and agree that he's right at the top, if not the top asset potentially available on defense. i guess we'll find out after christmas!
agreed. I feel like he is the best total package d-man in the league.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

it will depend what teams what. i can see teams liking ando from kitchener the best as well. its not like there will be a lack of teams looking for d upgrades.

as of today id be shocked if they moved him but perekh would get the most simply due to his time left in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad