SSM Greyhounds 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
no harm in acknowleding his potential.

i don't think anybody is talking him up as "the next pure stud", just finding some excitement in an otherwise unexciting time of year for OHL fans.

Reactions: HF92

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
He’s taking a jab at Ryan McArthur ;) I saw the tweet hahaha
to be fair lots of people promote players to be things that they are not. all im saying is let the kid become what he may become, no need to make him out to be something that he may not be. odds are he will be a good ohl player, maybe more. let past experience about getting over excited on players be a guide to future players.

but yes, ryan mccarthuer does think everyone is a stud, everty player in the draft is elite kids drafted in the 15th round are ''studs', so lets just let the kid be whatever he becomes before saying 'hes going to be an amazing ohl player'

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
He is likely to get a lot more opportunity than a typical 16 year old 4th rounder would. I think the last few forward signings to fill out the bottom of the roster are more likely to be the healthy scratches.

Reactions: HF92

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
He is likely to get a lot more opportunity than a typical 16 year old 4th rounder would. I think the last few forward signings to fill out the bottom of the roster are more likely to be the healthy scratches.
I was told that the Andrew pick was a bit of a flier and they are excited to have him commit, for what that's worth. Hopefully he pans out. This draft was a really risky one for them, but will be good if Cali comes.

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
If you say so.
Sounds like you disagree? Care to say why?

This trade works out well for the Soo Greyhounds defenseman. The Red Wings are loaded with defensemen in their prospect pipeline. Gibson’s path to the NHL would require having to beat out players like Axel Sandin-Pellikka, Shai Buium, and William Wallinder for a roster spot down the road.

In Nashville, there are fewer high-end defense prospects in the Preds' system. Gibson could be considered the Predators' top right-shot defense prospect. While he is not yet ready to play in the NHL, Nashville does need to strengthen the right side of their defense.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I don't really have an opinion, but can you explain why you think it's good for him? It's hard to speculate what the Preds and Wings roster will be like ~3 years from now, but maybe you could say they develop defensemen better.
The article he linked kind of lays it all out. Much more opportunity in the Nashville prospect pipeline currently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad