OT: Spring has sprung...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
In WNY for a bit. Odd to be back and at the same time weirdly comfortable. Funny moment yesterday while meeting someone for lunch and sitting outside on Main Street in Williamsville, someone I know drove by and promptly called me to ask if I was in town because they recognized me sitting at a table on the side of Main.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
In WNY for a bit. Odd to be back and at the same time weirdly comfortable. Funny moment yesterday while meeting someone for lunch and sitting outside on Main Street in Williamsville, someone I know drove by and promptly called me to ask if I was in town because they recognized me sitting at a table on the side of Main.
I don’t know what is funnier, someone seeing you happenstance after 18 months since last visit.

Or seeing you then asking if you’re in town. (Obviously)

Best wishes & safe travels.

Edit: and I am posting from the historic Coronado hotel, with eyes on the Mexican coast. I’ve also seen the Pacific several times before, but never put my toes in it until now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don’t know what is funnier, someone seeing you happenstance after 18 months since last visit.

Or seeing you then asking if you’re in town. (Obviously)

Best wishes & safe travels.

Edit: and I am posting from the historic Coronado hotel, with eyes on the Mexican coast. I’ve also seen the Pacific several times before, but never put my toes in it until now.

Oh, it is the seeing me and then asking if that is me. (It was my ex-mother-in-law.)

Reactions: brian_griffin

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
After spending 5 hours driving too and from and 5 hours at my son's lacrosse tournament yesterday, my FOMO over growing up in a place where lacrosse wasn't a thing is even greater.

I know I would have had so much fun playing lacrosse growing up.

Reactions: Chainshot

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
After spending 5 hours driving too and from and 5 hours at my son's lacrosse tournament yesterday, my FOMO over growing up in a place where lacrosse wasn't a thing is even greater.

I know I would have had so much fun playing lacrosse growing up.
I enjoyed playing it. 3 seasons around the age of 13-16. It's big in Alberta. Roughneck games were a blast as well. I follow the NLL from time 2 time.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport

This is across the street from my sister’s house. Her and my brother in law are ok. Unfortunately the elderly woman was home when this happened. My sister called me this morning to tell me it happened and that she was ok because she knew it would be all over the news. I could hear the fear and shock in her voice. Absolutely terrifying.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

This is across the street from my sister’s house. Her and my brother in law are ok. Unfortunately the elderly woman was home when this happened. My sister called me this morning to tell me it happened and that she was ok because she knew it would be all over the news. I could hear the fear and shock in her voice. Absolutely terrifying.
Glad your sister is OK. That's a huge blast / debris field. Natural gas leak (in summer?) ??

I assume no meth was being cooked given it was an elderly woman, although a work colleague had her brother cooking meth in their elderly mother's house (when she was in a nursing home) which ended in arrest and fortunately no destruction of the home, although the damage from use & impact on the home value was significant.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I joined a 30+ inline league this spring/summer - my first time skating in 5 years. Boy, is my body letting me know it's not happy.

I'm having fun, though - so there's that.

The fun has stopped. I did something to my back changing direction to maintain defensive zone coverage. PT evaluation tomorrow.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Naeher stopped 1 PK during the run of play and two PKs in the shootout.

Hug a goalie today.

US-Canada in the Olympic semis.

Fun!

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Nahaer made up for the weak second goal in a huge way with those three penalty stops. Tactics in this tournament have been frustrating; Canada shouldn't be too bad but if they face Sweden again in the finals, can't just go with "run fast, lump it up the wings".

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Drivers seem to have an increasing lack of awareness or lack of care towards motorcyclists. My friend sold his Harley because of close calls and that's a loud Harley that is inexcusable to not be aware of its presence on the road.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Drivers seem to have an increasing lack of awareness or lack of care towards motorcyclists. My friend sold his Harley because of close calls and that's a loud Harley that is inexcusable to not be aware of its presence on the road.

What happened was that he was out riding with his brother. They came up on a yellow light. His brother ran it and he stopped for the light. The car behind him did not stop in time.

I think it may have been the car assuming he was going to run the light and the fact that bikes can break faster than cars that contributed to the accident.

He has a broken clavicle, broken pelvis, and broken T-4.

I would be surprised if he ever rides a motorcycle again. I told my mom he needs to get a Jeep Wrangler and take the top and doors off if he wants the breeze.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Can we talk about how good the new dune movie looks?

Trailers are getting far too long.

But I am really excited for this. The casting is phenomenal, Brolin is perfect for Gurney (Though I would have loved Stewart to come back and do it again) Can't wait. Villeneuve and his team do just masterful design work.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Trailers look like most action movies these days. Complete with a "BWHAAAAAM" score and a haunting chant to let you know this place is exotic. I hope they don't follow in Lynch's footsteps and miss basically all of the commentary on power structures, the weaponization of belief, and the hero's journey. And if it's Blade Runner 2049 in the desert, I will be upset. Still gonna see it because at the very least, that cast is primo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad