Blue Jays Discussion: Split Against O's, Up Next, Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
man you just like to argue don't you. Norris was drafted before the draft pool was put in place. Taking Bukauskas is pretty much punting your pick because unless you're giving this kid 3-4 million he's going to school. For a 3rd rounder, what is that? like 2-3 times more than slot value. It doesn't make sense to take him

And by saying **** next draft I was just referring to AA blowing money on high risk players in this draft and going over the bonus pool. Just me being silly.

You're the one that keeps on quoting me when I clearly wrote this lol. What am I arguing?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
God Damn Buehrle has been so good this year. When you look at his numbers, it's more impressive

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Hoffman could be a steal where they got him. I didn't realize he previously had Tommy John surgery. Assuming that doesn't turn into a chronic issue i like the pick.

Now shifting gears to the current Jays, here's the pitching match ups for the series against the Cards:

Tonight: Lynn (6-3, 3.48 ERA) VS Stroman (2-0, 7.40 ERA)

Tomorrow: Miller (6-5, 4.03 ERA) vs Buehrle (10-1, 2.10 ERA)

Sunday: Garcia (1-0, 5.47 ERA) vs Hutchinson (4-3, 3.50 ERA)

Lynn might prove to be tough, but i think they could easily sweep here too. Especially with the Rogers Centre being hitter friendly. Once again they draw the long straw and avoid Wainwright. Even better, they have the Twins in town after the Cards. That could be quite the fireworks display considering Target field seems to keep more balls in the park.

I'm excited.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I thought they could easily sweep KC too and extend the winning streak to 13 games at the time, but they ended up splitting (No big deal, it happens). When I looked at the schedule before the season started and saw the Cards coming to town, I did not think that we'd be the first place team in this matchup.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Maybe i'm getting ahead of myself, but that's a good thing.

Better and way more entertaining to think your team can beat everybody instead of being a doormat. :D

Let the good times roll!

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I thought they could easily sweep KC too and extend the winning streak to 13 games at the time, but they ended up splitting (No big deal, it happens). When I looked at the schedule before the season started and saw the Cards coming to town, I did not think that we'd be the first place team in this matchup.

To be fair the Royals just took 3 of 4 from the Cards.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Honestly, I want to see AA make a trade for a starter sooner rather then later.

A lot of the depth on this team looks like gold because of the current hot streak and I personally think its better to inject a new player into the rotation when the bats are hot as they are in order to help cover for him settling in. Lets see what we get out of the draft, and move some prospects in order to get us another good starter and maybe some relief depth. Our fielding is great, but lets boost our pitching and coast into the playoffs with great morale.

I don't see the rush tbh, at the moment the only weakness in the rotation is Dickey, even Happ is pitching great! I'd rather we just ride it out until Happ or someone regresses.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Maybe i'm getting ahead of myself, but that's a good thing.

Better and way more entertaining to think your team can beat everybody instead of being a doormat. :D

Let the good times roll!

It's a great feeling! Something that Toronto sports fans are not accustomed to, myself included.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Astros on the clock. Just in case you guys aren't watching live there is one minute between picks

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's a great feeling! Something that Toronto sports fans are not accustomed to, myself included.

Agreed! It's a nice distraction to be able to come here and talk about a winning team instead of putting up with the usual nonsense i would have to endure when teams go into the offseason here. Trade this, do that. Screw that, the Jays are winning! Hockey can wait.

Fun fact: The lead the Jays have now is bigger than any lead they had during their two World Series runs according to SN360.

jcollins

BJ Elitist/Hipster
May 13, 2009
At what point does the amount of time between picks get cut down? And to what?

Edit: My bad, saw posted above, one minute

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Jays pick HS pitcher Nick Wells. Can't find anything on it yet

Not in the mlb top 200 so it appears this is a big reach

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
6'5" 180lbs DOB: 02/21/96
Lefties with projectable frames and present stuff are always sought after in the Draft, which is why Wells is very appealing to many teams. Wells’ fastball will sit in the low 90s, touching 93 mph, and he uses his tall frame to create good downhill plane. His curveball has very good shape with hard, late movement and has the chance to be a swing and miss pitch for him in the future. He hasn’t thrown his changeup much at this point, but scouts who have seen it say it has the potential to be a solid pitch with good fade and deception. Wells may be somewhat raw at this point, but his interesting mix of pitches and big frame give him a high ceiling

Raw projectible HS lefty. Very Jays pick.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Clint Longenecker ‏@Clint_BA 1m
Nick Wells to TOR. Great body w/ projection at 6'5, can show a plus CB. really came on strong this spring. mostly 89-91, touching 93

Nathan Rode ‏@NathanRode 2m
#BlueJays 3rd rounder LHP Nick Wells (VA) has projectable body, can spin CB. Showed low 90s this spring. #mlbdraft

Seems like a good pick.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
6'5" 180lbs DOB: 02/21/96
Lefties with projectable frames and present stuff are always sought after in the Draft, which is why Wells is very appealing to many teams. Wells’ fastball will sit in the low 90s, touching 93 mph, and he uses his tall frame to create good downhill plane. His curveball has very good shape with hard, late movement and has the chance to be a swing and miss pitch for him in the future. He hasn’t thrown his changeup much at this point, but scouts who have seen it say it has the potential to be a solid pitch with good fade and deception. Wells may be somewhat raw at this point, but his interesting mix of pitches and big frame give him a high ceiling

Raw projectible HS lefty. Very Jays pick.

A project, eh? Looks like there's some potential.

It'll be years before he's anywhere near ready though i assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad