GDT: Spend Some Time with the Wee Baby Seamus: Your New Jersey Devils (2-0) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (0-1), 7 PM, MSG

McDuffz88

Smoke the Keefe
Sep 18, 2019
I was a little drunk last night at the game but from what I remember is Hamilton being absolutely atrocious. He really lost his legs. He's too slow to be the defenseman on the PP. As soon as it goes the other way he immediately gets beat by a player with speed which will cause a crap load of short handed goals for the other team. I think its time we move on from him asap. Put Casey on the top PP until Luke comes back.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
If they lose in Washington tomorrow we should try changing fire Sheldon on Monday. Not saying they should actually for Sheldon but, you know, it worked last time.

Also, I'm 99% sure Lorentz accidentally tipped that second Toronto goal last night and I'm kinda surprised the league hasn't changed it.

Reactions: My3Sons

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Never liked The Palat-Haula-Noesen line. Noesen is the best skater of the trio.

Noesen should be playing with Nico. Both are dogs while Mercer is just a puppy. Noesen and Cotter deserve promotions.

Haula is just so bad. Jack needs him for the faceoffs and Haula needs Jack’s speed.

Palat is washed up and so is that leadership tax. “He’s only paid 1M more, it’s not a lot of money!” 🤡
Can't understand the reticence to play Nico and Jesper together - they were clearly the most effective combination in the preseason in the one game they played together. Put either Timo or Jack with them as a true first line the way that the Bruins did with Bergeron.

Don't get all the grief fans are giving Palat. His game is pretty much what it's always been - though he's always produced more points in the playoffs.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Not really, players/teams come out soft when they have a cushion, the Leafs just got blanked the night before in a game they arguably should've won 6-1 and they knew they couldn't start their year 0-2 with the Woll injury. it would've been panic central for their roster/media. I'll give them credit as opposed to just shitting on the Devils, the Devils didn't show up but it was still a 2 shot game going into the third and their anemic PP had chances to help them win that game but it wasn't meant to be. Berube has them playing good defensive hockey, I rarely saw the slot available like I did in years past from Leafs teams. Pretty sure there's also stats to backup teams that play in the Global Series games that they have a tendency to lay an egg when they travel back to NA, it happens. They have no excuse v Washington, but the Caps utterly own this team for no f***ing reason

Montreal was the home team in that game

There were more people watching the Yankees games on their phone in my row than the Devils games once it got to 3-0 and 4-1, lol.

Devils fans watching the Yankees?

How depressing. Hopefully they were rooting for KC!

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I wanted to stand but didn't want to block the folks sitting right behind me as the players were skating out. If everyone behind me was standing I definitely would have.
I would have stood for the intros. Force everyone else in the section to stand. Maybe create a tiny bit more energy in the building. I guess that's just the way I am. Or maybe it's cause my season seats back at the meadowlands was directly across the aisle from Bauman, and he rubbed off on me :)

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Such a shame, losing all these fans after a single loss. But it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Personally I would wait 10 games to pinpoint problems (Dillon). Perhaps 20 games is a better sample size to really feel what this year's team really is shaping up to be but regardless, I know we're better than we would be with Lindy.

Maybe Jack is just really sad without Luke in the lineup. Someone bring him some Rita's ice cream and cheer him up.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Such a shame, losing all these fans after a single loss. But it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Personally I would wait 10 games to pinpoint problems (Dillon). Perhaps 20 games is a better sample size to really feel what this year's team really is shaping up to be but regardless, I know we're better than we would be with Lindy.

Maybe Jack is just really sad without Luke in the lineup. Someone bring him some Rita's ice cream and cheer him up.
You and I both know Jack is more likely to eat Hagen Dazs

RNCDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
It's hard to really say how the Devils played. They statistically had more o zone time than the Leafs and had some really good looks. I don't think they have up to many odd man or fee slot shots but maybe that was score effects?

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
It's hard to really say how the Devils played. They statistically had more o zone time than the Leafs and had some really good looks. I don't think they have up to many odd man or fee slot shots but maybe that was score effects?
I indeed didn’t see a ridiculous amount of breakdowns like I did last season.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

I thought Rita's was Italian Ice?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

I do think the Dillon/Dougie pairing can't last much longer. I think they are going to get burnt more often than not for their overall slowness of foot.

I'd love to put Siegs and Dougie back together, but so far, Siegs and Kovechkin have been our best overall pairing over the first 3 games so that won't happen just yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad