GDT: Special Edition - PATRIOTS 19 Tampa Bay 14 FINAL - RED SOX 2 Houston 8 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Honestly, I'd rather get rid of Pedroia before any of the aforementioned. He's breaking down.

4 years left, not sure how'd they'd do it.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Honestly, I'd rather get rid of Pedroia before any of the aforementioned. He's breaking down.

4 years left, not sure how'd they'd do it.
I'm not sure you do. DH isn't even an option for him. I think we're stuck with him until the contract is up.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm really not looking forward to the media slurping Altuve for the next month because our pitchers keep serving him meatballs

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
There is zero chance I trade Betts in basically any deal, let alone for Stanton. The Marlins would be trading him to get out of that monster backloaded deal and only that. You don't give up premium assets to take on that contract at all.

Stanton please. I'll drive mookie to Logan

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd sooner move Xander than any of the OF or 3rd base.

Well at the same time he might be the least valuable as he is about to get very expensive (probably will get around 14 mil next year, and is 2 years from UFA), and he is coming off a very disappointing season.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There is zero chance I trade Betts in basically any deal, let alone for Stanton. The Marlins would be trading him to get out of that monster backloaded deal and only that. You don't give up premium assets to take on that contract at all.

Make no mistake, if the Marlins decide to move Stanton there will be numerous bidders for his services, and their will be a bidding war. You are not going to get him as a cap dump

Stanton right now has a 10 year 290 million dollar contract left that expires when he is age 37. Maybe he will decline a bit in his mid 30s, but there is no reason to believe he won't be a productive) above average( DH when he is 37. My guess is by the time his contract is more than his production you are probably looking at 2024 or later, and by that time his salary won't be top 10 in baseball, maybe not top 20

I would think if Florida deals him to Boston, you are talking something like Xander, and 2 top 5 prospects, at a bare minimum, and I suspect the Yankees outbid that

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's early yet, but already they're not executing. Brady has missed an open Hogan twice, once leading to an INT. Then Cooks bricks an easy 3rd down conversion there. I think schematically they're showing they can move the ball on Tampa, they just have to make the plays.

The positive is that the defense mad a big stand on the first TB possession

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
I don't look at Betts as a premium asset. I realize I'm an outlier on that. I genuinely don't think he's that good of a player. He can't hit anything on the outer half of the plate. I don't know why idiot pitchers pitch him inside, that's the only time he does anything significant. They will figure him out.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The defensive effort tonight is night and day from Sunday. Somebody got the message this week in practice.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I don't look at Betts as a premium asset. I realize I'm an outlier on that. I genuinely don't think he's that good of a player. He can't hit anything on the outer half of the plate. I don't know why idiot pitchers pitch him inside, that's the only time he does anything significant. They will figure him out.

Betts is absolutely a premium asset, you're out to lunch if you think otherwise. If the Red Sox made him available every team in the league would inquire on him.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
3rd and 20? Nope let's give you a free first row for no f***ing reason.

I've never seen a stupider Belichick coached team as this one.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Oops, they already forgot it.
Yep. All the positives from the first few drives just got wiped away completely in that garbage.

Time for Brady to drive them downfield into the red zone with seeming ease, then have the refs call a ticky-tack OPI on a pick play followed by a third down sack to take us out of FG range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad