Movies: Spaceballs 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm not optimistic. Mel Brooks is almost 100, so I doubt that he's contributing all that much. Also, it's Amazon, and their Coming to America sequel was awful. Finally, if Rick Moranis wouldn't return to acting to be in the last two Ghostbusters movies, I'm not sure that he'd return for this, and no Rick would be a bummer.

Edit: Here's an article with a little more information.

Last edited:

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Hmm, didn't see this coming. Not a huge Josh Gad fan so I am not very optimistic about this project, but I will definitely watch it.

Babe Ruth

Looks wise.. I'm a solid 8.5
Feb 2, 2016
I'm not optimistic. Mel Brooks is almost 100, so I doubt that he's contributing all that much. Also, it's Amazon, and their Coming to America sequel was awful..
Yeah.. it's probably gonna be similar to the History of the World TV series that Hulu did recently.. where they had Brooks do a few minutes of narration, so they could tie his name to the project. And I'm not trying to diminish Brooks' participation. But I assume the use of his name, outsized the use of his talents (at this point).
Does make me wonder how much he actually wants to do this stuff, versus how much he may be getting exploited by hacks?
Tho he did release a biography recently that was pretty damn good. So maybe he is still actively working on his legacy?
Either way, a Spaceballs sequel is completely unnecessary I feel, but..

Reactions: DaaaaB's and Osprey

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I can't remember where I heard this joke or even if it was a real pitch someone made for a sequel but...

Don't make Spaceballs 2: The soirch for more money

make

Spaceballs 3: The Search for Spaceballs 2

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Well, Disney Star Wars has certainly provided a lot of ammunition to mock. But they won't go there. It'll be another mediocre movie that ruins more of our culture. Josh Gad? That guy sucks.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
this is likely another one that I will kind of want to see, but probably never will, it will probably be bad, but I'm sure it will be good for a few chuckles at least

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
ScreenRant - Why Spaceballs 2 Is Now Happening 37 Years After the Original

Brooks thought about making a sequel after The Force Awakens came out. It seems likely that this sequel will lampoon the whole sequel trilogy and the rest of Disney Star Wars. I have mixed feelings about that because, as much as I enjoy Disney Star Wars being made fun of, it's happened so much already that I'm not sure that a movie would bring anything fresh.
I can't remember where I heard this joke or even if it was a real pitch someone made for a sequel but...
According to the article that I just linked, Spaceballs III: The Search for Spaceballs II was Rick Moranis' idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: barriers

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I think this is a terrible time to make a movie like this. Producers and Filmmakers today are too scared to offend anybody and comedy doesn't work under that premise.

Reactions: hangman005

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
I didn't even like the fist one.

Mostly because i don't give a damn about Star Wars at all but still it just wasn't that funny with the exception of "combing the desert" joke.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
This is really the most nostalgia-reliant generation of entertainment ever.

That being said, I'll still plan to watch it, because I have problems. That being said, I should probably get around to History of the World Part 2 first, though.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
This film genre is dead nowadays, the last hurrah being those mediocre Scary/Epic series of movies. Not sure what relevant pop-culture juices Mel can squeeze out of Disney Star Wars.

As pointed out previously, Disney Star Wars doesn't really need any help lampooning their product.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad