Rumor: Sorokin possibly hurt?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
As long as it's not the whole season, they'll be fine.

Varlamov/Hogberg
Skarek/Tikkanen
Lennox

Doesn't really matter for Varlamov as he has a 3 year contract, but good opportunity for the other goalies.

Good opportunity for Hogberg to prove he can be a NHL backup.

More AHL playing time for Skarek, plus NHL opportunity if Hogberg struggles.

Tikkanen doesn't get stuck in the ECHL and can show last year in the AHL was not a fluke.

Lennox gets more ECHL playing time.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
I didn't know Hogberg was back, wonder if he fixed his form, never seen a goalie look so off his angle.

He let in so many goals like that Canucks 3rd goal

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Not saying I am happy about this but potentially it can help any cap issues Islanders have if he's out for like 1/2 the season

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I came here to say that Skarek has zero potential to be an NHL goaltender but now I realize that’s too optimistic of a take.
Skarek isnt even listed on the team website anymore so I wonder if he quietly got punted during the offseason

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Man, goalies that i really like don't seem to have a lot of durability/longevity. Schneider, Price, Demko, Sorokin...i'm sure there's more. It's like the same thing that makes them so good, also makes them so vulnerable to injuries that sabotage the exact thing that makes them so good. Time is a flat circle and a giant wheel in the sky, or whatever.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
You'd think between NYI and VAN - Lankinen and Jones would be scooped up.

Just depends on how long the injuries are. If Sorokin is a short term thing like Lou indicated, you might not want to commit another contract. Islanders already have six goalies signed, so it would be extra crowded when Sorokin was cleared.

But I could see Vancouver picking somebody up eventually. Maybe they're just waiting for camp to open to see where Demko and Silovs are at physically before committing to another contract?

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad