Sony PS5 2

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Yeah according to SteamDB, Concord peaked at just over 1000 players on PC. That's horrible even for a paid access beta. We'll see how it performs during the open beta period this weekend but I think it's obvious Sony made a mistake by charging money for this game (or even making it to begin with).

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
One of the only things I haven’t liked about my PS5 is the standard controller has bad battery life. Should I upgrade to the Dualsense Edge?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
One of the only things I haven’t liked about my PS5 is the standard controller has bad battery life. Should I upgrade to the Dualsense Edge?
Does it have better battery life? I don’t think it does, other than being a new battery I think it’s on par

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
When did you get your DS? Newer models (purple and later) have better batteries in them than previous models, at least.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
When did you get your DS? Newer models (purple and later) have better batteries in them than previous models, at least.
I don't have one. Was thinking about upgrading because I like my xbox elite controller so much. It's heavier and I like the more metallic triggers and joysticks

Reactions: JaegerDice

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I don't have one. Was thinking about upgrading because I like my xbox elite controller so much. It's heavier and I like the more metallic triggers and joysticks
Tbh I used to clown Xbox for not including a battery but i now realize it’s like a thousand times better. You can just buy a 20+ hour battery and swap batteries.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

If you like your Elite controller that much, you could just buy a Brooks adapter and use the Elite on PS5. I do for shooters all the time. Just need a PC or Xbox for the app to configure the buttons, trigger sensitivity, stick accel, etc.

Lot cheaper than buying an Edge too.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

DOA. I can’t get over how every hero has their pronouns displayed prominently by their name and role. A part of me really thought it might have been internet trolls memeing.

I've never heard of this. What is it? It looks like Overwatch, and nobody's cared about that for ages. Why would anyone care about a bad copy of something that stopped being popular years ago?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I've never heard of this. What is it? It looks like Overwatch, and nobody's cared about that for ages. Why would anyone care about a bad copy of something that stopped being popular years ago?

Overwatch actually still does good numbers.

Not like, world-dominating numbers like they used to, but that's as much a result of the terrible Overwatch 2 launch as it is the arrival of Valorant.

Concord, however, looks uninspired as hell. And yes, it's basically a Overwatch-style hero shooter, but they're pushing the idea of weekly 'story' to make you care about....stuff?

It's a terrible idea that's going to be dead on arrival.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Overwatch 2 is doing so bad they're legit looking at ways to re-incorporate 6 v 6 because they've driven away a good chunk of their tank playerbase.

(i personally never thought the core idea of 6v6 was the problem, it was the way some tanks synergized turning the game into a crawl that was the issue)

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Overwatch 2 is doing so bad they're legit looking at ways to re-incorporate 6 v 6 because they've driven away a good chunk of their tank playerbase.

(i personally never thought the core idea of 6v6 was the problem, it was the way some tanks synergized turning the game into a crawl that was the issue)
Overwatch has 30k concurrent players on Steam right now (39th on the chart). There are probably many players still on Battle.net as well. I consider that pretty good for an 8 year old game.

Reactions: JaegerDice

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
tbf I based my Overwatch assessment on the odd youtube recommendation I get saying it's dead/dying/Activision killed it/etc. I know the switch to 2 has been less than smooth. I don't really get why companies try to enter established genres like this. Never mind whatever that video was supposed to show off.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Changing features and mechanics isn't exactly indicative of a game in its death throws.

Overwatch 2 is doing poorly compared to the peak of Overwatch, absolutely, but it's still getting a ton of players across all platforms and making a ton of profit every month, because Blizzard spent damn near nothing making it. Overwatch 2 was barely an expansion pack.

I have no doubt Blizzard and Microsoft would like it to do better, but it's hardly dying.

I think, to date, it's the 2nd most played (and most watched, if that matters) hero shooter behind Valorant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad