Proposal: Some 4C trades for NJD

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
2nd+2nd for Nic Dowd (I expect he'd require a 1st but we don't have one till 2026)
3rd+Bastian for Nico Sturm
3rd+Bastian for Jake Evans
2nd+Bastian for Peyton Krebs
3rd+Bastian for Faksa (50% retained)
Kampf (1.2 mill retained) for a 3rd (retention can be done via 3rd team who recieves a pair of 3rds/2nd)
Kampf (600k retained) for future considerations
Kampf+3rd for future considerations
3rd+Bastian for Lars eller

The market on 4Cs may be higher than this, in which case prices would be adjusted accordingly accorss the board. Listed from top to bottom in order of preference

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Penguins could easily do Eller or Acciari. A 4th would do it but if you wanted to send Bastian alone, you could.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
2nd+2nd for Nic Dowd (I expect he'd require a 1st but we don't have one till 2026)
Kampf (1.2 mill retained) for a 3rd (retention can be done via 3rd team who recieves a pair of 3rds/2nd)

The market on 4Cs may be higher than this, in which case prices would be adjusted accordingly accorss the board. Listed from top to bottom in order of preference
Habs are not doing this deal.

Bastian is a worse player than Evans and the 3rd isnt relevant for this team.

Make it a 2nd and a 4th and remove Bastian

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Buffalo seems to be high on Krebs as their 3/4C so I'm not sure about this one, but with Helenius, that might change. Who knows what Adams is thinking anymore.
In terms of prospects I assume Wahlberg isn't on the table at all? because I'd definitely be interested in him as a C prospect for NJDs more long term plans.

Although the piece I would have used to get him would have been marino who is shipped out now

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
In terms of prospects I assume Wahlberg isn't on the table at all? because I'd definitely be interested in him as a C prospect for NJDs more long term plans.

Although the piece I would have used to get him would have been marino who is shipped out now
I highly doubt Wahlberg is on the table considering he's one of Buffalo's bigger forward prospects, and based on recent events, they want/need to prioritize size

Reactions: dgibb10

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I highly doubt Wahlberg is on the table considering he's one of Buffalo's bigger forward prospects, and based on recent events, they want/need to prioritize size
Yeah I assumed so but he would definitely be near the top of my list as a target for a long term 3/4C behind jack and nico

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
David Kampf is Sheldon keefes favourite player.

I would be shocked if he was viewed as a cap dump by him

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd be willing to move Kampf but we don't have a whole lot else happening at centre

Leafs would need at least a 4th in return, no retention.

Reactions: hurdemz

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
You don’t move anything worthwhile for a 4C unless it’s a young guy you think can develop and move up in the lineup. There is always some guy you can plug into that role.
I don't think any of these packages, except I guess the Krebs and Dowd ones kind of, are needle moving trades tbh.

However dowd is legit excellent, playing some of the hardest minutes in hockey to great success. Would give us the best 4C in the league imo. And I like Krebs as a long term bottom 6C fit.

Right now we don't have much going on in that regard.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

3rd+Bastian for Nico Sturm!

Reactions: dgibb10

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
There’s a chance Detroit trades Joe Veleno. The problem would be, he has an arbitration case pending, and most teams are steering clear of arbitration eligible players because there’s always a good chance the player wins his case. Especially in a case like Veleno, where there’s plenty of comparisons.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I'd be willing to move Kampf but we don't have a whole lot else happening at centre

Leafs would need at least a 4th in return, no retention.
This.

Even then I am not sure I would do it. Kampf is a very good fourth line centre. He is big, skates well, is reliable, PKs and can play a shut down role. He even chips in a goal every now and then.

The only issue with Kampf is that he is overpaid by $750K to $1M. So, if we retain salary, what are we gaining? A team will take him without retention and we have to think about it. We need to replace what he brings.

Last edited:

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
This.

Even then I am not sure I would do it. Kampf is a very good fourth line centre. He is big, skates well, is reliable, PKs and can play a shit down role. He even chips in a goal every now and then.

The only issue with Kampf is that he is overpaid by $750K to $1M. So, if we retain salary, what are we gaining? A team will take him without retention and we have to think about it. We need to replace what he brings.
"He is overpaid by 750k to 1 mill".

So he's a 2.25-3 million dollar cap dump?

Reactions: Michoulicious

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

Presumably for a RHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad