Proposal: Some 4C trades for NJD

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I guess Caps would take either 1st or 2 2nd's for Dowd right now since it's good value wise.

I don't think that's on the table atleast yet, or the deal would have been done already (see: Malenstyn).

He propably moves at the deadline where he is a great asset with that small cap hit. That way he can help the kids taking all those garbage minutes again this season before moving on. I guess his value depends on what kind of season he has. I'd hope for a second and anything on top of that is a plus.
The minutes he eats are ridiculously.

Something like 3% offensive zone starts and 30% defensive zone starts lmao

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
The minutes he eats are ridiculously.

Something like 3% offensive zone starts and 30% defensive zone starts lmao

It helps the Capitals team transitioning youth into the lineup a lot since they don't have to play those garbage minutes right away.

He also makes his linemates better... Malenstyn was traded for high value, Aube-Kubel got a raise in Buffalo and year ago Hathaway nearly doubled his salary after year next to Dowd.

You'd think Sabres are heavily after him since they already bought high on Aube-Kubel and Malenstyn.

Reactions: dgibb10

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Middle 6 Cs will cost us a 1st at the deadline.

See: Henrique, Monahan, Lindholm
I’d expect this team to be looking for the second tier of the trade deadline forwards.

Wennberg, Trenin, etc.

For this upcoming deadline, it would be guys like Faksa, Gourde, Eller, Bjugstad, etc that all would likely cost around a 2nd, maybe with a small add.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I’d expect this team to be looking for the second tier of the trade deadline forwards.

Wennberg, Trenin, etc.

For this upcoming deadline, it would be guys like Faksa, Gourde, Eller, Bjugstad, etc that all would likely cost around a 2nd, maybe with a small add.
So the same tier of guys I'm targeting here? Except you want to pay more, and for half a season?

Pius Suter for a 2nd?
Depends on what the market looks like on other guys but I wouldn't be upset with that tbh

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I don't see it for Montreal. Montreal has 9 picks in the first 4 rounds of 2025. Sometimes keeping the guy you know is worth more.
If he's on the market, happy to pay the market rate, whatever that looks like around the league.

If it's one of those "overpay to get this specific guy" scenarios, hard pass. Looking to fill a role rather than acquire a specific guy

Reactions: BLNY

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
If he's on the market, happy to pay the market rate, whatever that looks like around the league.

If it's one of those "overpay to get this specific guy" scenarios, hard pass. Looking to fill a role rather than acquire a specific guy
Totally fair.

My expectation is that he and Beck battle for 3C role after Dvorak is gone. Evans is also a UFA in 2025, but I think Montreal brings him back at a similar deal to his current 1.7x3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad