Movies: Solo: A Star Wars Story, 25 May 2018 Release (Early reviews are in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
It is what they, the Star Wars universe, do for the Mandalorian leader where Mandalore is the title and they take the name Mandalore with a nickname added. Of course Boba Fett is Mandalorian

For Mandalore yes, but not the name Boba Fett. Mandalore is a title, Boba is not. The Boba Fett name as something people take when they wear the mask is so ****ing stupid.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
The already established that Boba Fett was the clone son of Jango Fett though.

For Mandalore yes, but not the name Boba Fett. Mandalore is a title, Boba is not. The Boba Fett name as something people take when they wear the mask is so ****ing stupid.

I didnt mean that Boba Fett that we see was like this just that because of his high status he becomes the new age Mandalore, that Manadlorians switch to Boba Fett as the new title for leader of the Mandalorians, since it is a name recognized by outsiders

And I never said it was a good idea or not stupid, just that I see parallels with Bobas heritage which doesnt sound like coincidence

Its sorta like Caesar becoming a title

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I didnt mean that Boba Fett that we see was like this just that because of his high status he becomes the new age Mandalore, that Manadlorians switch to Boba Fett as the new title for leader of the Mandalorians, since it is a name recognized by outsiders

And I never said it was a good idea or not stupid, just that I see parallels with Bobas heritage which doesnt sound like coincidence

That's not what they were going for I'm fairly sure. It was the bounty hunter persona. It wouldn't really make sense for the Mandalorians to assume the Boba Fett name unless Boba became Mandalore. They wouldn't just replace an ancient title with some bounty hunters name.

Fett becomes Mandalore in the books but it took him a long time and a lot of work.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
It is what they, the Star Wars universe, do for the Mandalorian leader where Mandalore is the title and they take the name Mandalore with a nickname added. Of course Boba Fett is Mandalorian

"They will die a death that will last millennia, until all that remains is their code, their history, and, in the end, the shell of their armor upon the shell of a man, too easily slain by Jedi."

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Caesar became a title because rulers after him wanted to be associated with his achievements, first as his direct heirs and then as a title of office. If Boba Fett is some sort of long running title, it better not start with Boba Fett since he has accomplished **** all, and it better have an incredible background story as to why that is a name worthy of being a title.

JA

First major red flag. They're apparently going to reveal Han Solo's real name or how he got his name, at least per some tweets that have been making their rounds.

I mean... what? Why? Just have him be Han Solo. He lives in a universe where Skywalker is a last name, for crying out loud. Han or Solo are both fine as actual names.
The relevant quotation:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/mar/24/star-wars-han-solo-name-carrie-fisher
Star Wars spin-off will reveal how Han Solo got his name
Disney CEO Bob Iger says that film will also feature first meeting between character and Chewbacca, and divulges details about the franchise’s future
Guardian film
Friday 24 March 2017 15.00 GMT

“[The film] picks up Han Solo when he was 18 years old and takes him through to when he was 24,” Iger said. “There were a few things that happened [that were] significant in Han Solo’s life, like acquiring a certain vehicle and meeting a certain Wookiee, that will happen in this film. But you’ll also discover how he got his name.”

Caesar became a title because rulers after him wanted to be associated with his achievements, first as his direct heirs and then as a title of office. If Boba Fett is some sort of long running title, it better not start with Boba Fett since he has accomplished **** all, and it better have an incredible background story as to why that is a name worthy of being a title.
If the name "Boba Fett" was to be a title, then logically there would be some sort of relationship with the son of Jango.

If Fett were to be the title, then there could be a lineage of bounty hunters with that name, e.g., Roto Fett, Mitu Fett.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
In TFA I thought they did a good job of transitioning from the old characters to the new ones. They introduced some solid characters and showed us what happened to the old characters. They built a good base to start their own stories.

But it seems that they are still stuck in the past with these prequel movies. The Star Wars Universe can be massive, I don't understand the need to rely on these same characters and events we've already seen. Show me something new, I don't care how Han Solo got his name or about Chewie's backstory.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
In TFA I thought they did a good job of transitioning from the old characters to the new ones. They introduced some solid characters and showed us what happened to the old characters. They built a good base to start their own stories.

But it seems that they are still stuck in the past with these prequel movies. The Star Wars Universe can be massive, I don't understand the need to rely on these same characters and events we've already seen. Show me something new, I don't care how Han Solo got his name or about Chewie's backstory.

They do that because these characters are marketable. The more movies we get, the further away from the original characters they will get. They are slowly expanding the brand.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The relevant quotation:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/mar/24/star-wars-han-solo-name-carrie-fisher

If the name "Boba Fett" was to be a title, then logically there would be some sort of relationship with the son of Jango.

If Fett were to be the title, then there could be a lineage of bounty hunters with that name, e.g., Roto Fett, Mitu Fett.

I'm fine with the Fett name being an assumed name or family/clan name for a long line of Mandalorian bounty hunters. That makes sense and still fits with what we know.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Disney is a political and corporate poison. The empire is a suitable metaphor. Now trying to turn Star Wars into that Marvel business model slop. I hope this project blows up entirely.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Lord and Miller don't need Disney, they can get anything greenlit because they're bankable. Disney ****ed up.

All-Star

Jul 14, 2003
Snake Mountain
Visit site
You know what would make a good Han Solo movie? The whole thing could revolve around having Han make a bet with Little Ennis the Hut that he can go pick up a load of Coors and bring it back across Empire state lines through the Kessel Run in time for a shindig...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad