Movies: Solo: A Star Wars Story, 25 May 2018 Release (Early reviews are in)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
A whole lot of meh from me.

Still, they have all they need to make a good movie so I'm optimistic but that was a very weak teaser.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I got the same tired, boring feeling from this trailer as I got from TLJ's first one.
I admit TLJ didn't really have good trailers. But my point was This trailer is already better than the TLJ movie. I am excited to watch it again. Where as I could care less if I ever saw TLJ again. But I will... Just like I still watch Attack of the Clones sometime - which to me is the only movie in SW that's worse than TLJ.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
You guys have seen the movie already? Dang.

So this trailer has convinced you that the actor portraying Han Solo has Harrison Ford's charisma? Dang! Give him the Oscar already.

And just to be clear, I'll quote Hutton27 again. "Still early but not looking good imo". In other words, and speaking for myself, my opinion is not set in stone. I'm still reserving judgment until I see the movie but my expectations have been lowered.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I mean the kid apparently needed acting lessons midway through. I'm not intrigued by him and my expectations are low. Glover as Lando looks promising and the meat around the movie looks solid so far. No one was gonna match Ford. Pratt could've used his Magnificent 7 character and coasted his way through but no one was gonna truly be Solo anyway. I'm in for whatever substance this one might have but I'm keeping my expectations low.

This may be a weird nitpick but that expression he makes when he asks "What's that?"
at first is fine. The smirk is in character but then he breaks out of the smirk it feels unnatural.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
So this trailer has convinced you that the actor portraying Han Solo has Harrison Ford's charisma? Dang! Give him the Oscar already.

And just to be clear, I'll quote Hutton27 again. "Still early but not looking good imo". In other words, and speaking for myself, my opinion is not set in stone. I'm still reserving judgment until I see the movie but my expectations have been lowered.
It didn't convince me of anything. Its a freaking trailer. I have seen trailers that look great and the movie is terrible and visa-versa.

Its NOT Harrison Ford. I get it, you guys want a HF clone. You are saying you understand that's not possible but in a minute-long trailer with a few lines you are already making conclusions about his character. That's just silly.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It was better than the super bowl trailer. It was also a lot lighter as well, but I was watching on my own rather than with a group of noisy people. I agree that Pratt would have been a better choice but he is doing quite a few other roles at the moment.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Its NOT Harrison Ford. I get it, you guys want a HF clone
Please point to me where I wrote I wanted a HF clone. I do however want a character that will show a modicum of the Han Solo charisma and this trailer hasn't shown me anything to believe this will be the case. Hopefully the full movie proves me wrong.

You are saying you understand that's not possible but in a minute-long trailer with a few lines you are already making conclusions about his character.
Once again, please point to me where I made a conclusion about his character. I even wrote and I quote "my opinion is not set in stone. I'm still reserving judgment until I see the movie". That is far from a conclusion.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Explaining the mystery behind the mysterious rogue is always a really bad idea. I didn't see anything in the trailer that eliminated the skepticism. It looks very Marvel/Guardians-ish and that's not a good thing.

Reactions: Pilky01

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
When they first announced this, it was always going to be awkward having anyone else as Han.

If the story is solid I'll try to give this kid a pass as Solo.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Please point to me where I wrote I wanted a HF clone. I do however want a character that will show a modicum of the Han Solo charisma and this trailer hasn't shown me anything to believe this will be the case. Hopefully the full movie proves me wrong.

Once again, please point to me where I made a conclusion about his character. I even wrote and I quote "my opinion is not set in stone. I'm still reserving judgment until I see the movie". That is far from a conclusion.
Sounds like you just want to argue.

I called it how I saw it - sorry if that upsets you.

On topic - I am really excited after seeing this preview!

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Emilia Clarke is just reminding me too much of Felicity Jones in that trailer. But no SW movie is complete without its token British character.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Looks a lot to me like you are projecting :laugh:

Sounds like you just want to argue.
You are the one questioning my opinion, not the other way around. You think the trailer looks fantastic, good for you. I think the lead actor from the little we saw in the trailer looks like he doesn't fit the part. Hopefully that changes in the movie but at this moment I doubt it.

I called it how I saw it - sorry if that upsets you.

I also called it like I saw it. YOU had to comment on it because it obviously irked you.
You've made quite a few erroneous assumptions and still haven't pointed out anywhere what I said was wrong.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Emilia Clarke is just reminding me too much of Felicity Jones in that trailer. But no SW movie is complete without its token British character.

Star Wars films have always had loads of Brits, well more than token status, but I agree when it comes to these last 4 films. What annoys me is that this is the 4th film in a row in which the lead female is not just a Brit, but petite, brunette, white, between the age of 22 and 32 and of a particular look and character. It's like they keep cloning their market-tested female archetype and giving her a new name each time. It's getting a little ridiculous. Mix it up at least a little. They've been doing that with some of the star male roles, and Rose was a refreshing change, but they've been taking no chances with the star females.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad