Social Media Septic Tank Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For the record, I saw it on the sportsnet website first, which does not have a time stamp. Often that is delayed when it gets to Twitter, because I get annoyed when it’s up and I can’t get it on Apple, but I was out (like i said in the thread), so I knew it would be there when I was ready.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Farabee was on nastyknuckles.... its really sad!
1. He believes the flyers are very near the other teams.
2. He is best friend with Hayes
3. Laughts is a good leader
4. Couts and Atki will comeback and the flyers will have a very good season next year!
5. "very exciting times in philly"
6. "I know the fans arent pleased right now. But with a bit of patient they will be happy".....

I needed to stop listening!

Hockey players are the worst!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
No current hockey player is gonna go on a podcast and talk about how awful and hopeless his team is and how his teammates are worthless bums, lol. Especially not a podcast that focuses on the team he plays for.

That's why I usually listen to podcast interviews with retired players but skip the ones with current players.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
No current hockey player is gonna go on a podcast and talk about how awful and hopeless his team is and how his teammates are worthless bums, lol. Especially not a podcast that focuses on the team he plays for.

That's why I usually listen to podcast interviews with retired players but skip the ones with current players.
Yeah but come one. Farabee was a Propaganda Minister himself. That is not needed. He believes everything he said. It wasnt i need to be a good teammate. It was i say what i think!

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
The retconning of “Well actually, Hakstol was a good coach for the Flyers and it was all the players and Hextall’s fault” is the weirdest thing on Flyers social media these days:
E5AB2135-A4E1-4CB0-BB03-84A2E4EF15A1.jpeg

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The retconning of “Well actually, Hakstol was a good coach for the Flyers and it was all the players and Hextall’s fault” is the weirdest thing on Flyers social media these days:
View attachment 692664

I really hope the Avs stomp the f*** out of Seattle the next 4 games and they revert back to a pumpkin until he's fired. I cannot tolerate Beet Farmer being a respected coach in this league.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
View attachment 692664

He hasn’t been the Flyers coach in 4 years. He went to Toronto to be their PK coach — where they specifically sucked on the PK, which gets glossed over like Vancouver Tortorella. Now, the Kraken are undoubtedly having a good year. Coaches do learn, coaches do improve. That doesn’t retroactively mean they could’ve done a good job prior. It’s almost like failure is the major component of learning.

Now, what specifically did Hakstol improve at THIS year? His cheerleaders don’t provide an answer. Well, they’re 13th in adj xGF% at 5v5 and 7th in CF%. Hakstol’s teams always outshot their chance metrics, so that checks out, even if the Flyers were more below average and average in each respectively. The real secret is leading the league in 5v5 shooting % and being 2nd all situations behind Edmonton’s monster offense. That doesn’t mean they’re not a respectable squad, but it’s a bit smoke and mirrors.

In a lot of ways, Seattle curbs his worst tendencies. They have a super deep scoring bottom 6 — and a way better analytics department — that he never had here, through his shared design, as he fancied sub-NHL feckless dumpers like VDV. Besides Beniers, who hit the ground running, he hasn’t had to integrate much youth, which he sucked all the ass at doing. And the archetypes he traditionally overuses (grit, defense), Seattle has good versions. The idea he came to Jesus is a bit much. I doubt it bears out in the long run.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
He hasn’t been the Flyers coach in 4 years. He went to Toronto to be their PK coach — where they specifically sucked on the PK, which gets glossed over like Vancouver Tortorella. Now, the Kraken are undoubtedly having a good year. Coaches do learn, coaches do improve. That doesn’t retroactively mean they could’ve done a good job prior. It’s almost like failure is the major component of learning.

Now, what specifically did Hakstol improve at THIS year? His cheerleaders don’t provide an answer. Well, they’re 13th in adj xGF% at 5v5 and 7th in CF%. Hakstol’s teams always outshot their chance metrics, so that checks out, even if the Flyers were more below average and average in each respectively. The real secret is leading the league in 5v5 shooting % and being 2nd all situations behind Edmonton’s monster offense. That doesn’t mean they’re not a respectable squad, but it’s a bit smoke and mirrors.

In a lot of ways, Seattle curbs his worst tendencies. They have a super deep scoring bottom 6 — and a way better analytics department — that he never had here, through his shared design, as he fancied sub-NHL feckless dumpers like VDV. Besides Beniers, who hit the ground running, he hasn’t had to integrate much youth, which he sucked all the ass at doing. And the archetypes he traditionally overuses (grit, defense), Seattle has good versions. The idea he came to Jesus is a bit much. I doubt it bears out in the long run.
As a fan slowly transitioning from a Flyers fan to the PNW heartthrob Kraken, I slightly resent/resemble those remarks. In Hak we trust!

• Wow
Reactions: pit and Magua

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
As a fan slowly transitioning from a Flyers fan to the PNW heartthrob Kraken, I slightly resent/resemble those remarks. In Hak we trust!

First off: gross. But if he came in one summer with a goatee here, I’d probably have been more optimistic.

The Flyers had a bunch of teens and early 20-somethings he couldn’t integrate. Seattle’s entire team almost is in the midst of their primes or just past them. It’s hard to overplay plugs with that roster because there really are none. Hakstol was never an unmitigated disaster with systems — besides o-zone chances. It’s horrifying to think about it, but he’s probably better as an X’s and O’s coach than anyone since. He also was a total asshole, which is why people disliked him so. It’s horrifying to think about it, but he’s probably less of an asshole than anyone since. Go Flyers!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

1682026371487.png

You can see the precise moment the Hakshell began a little over halfway through after a break.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
First off: gross. But if he came in one summer with a goatee here, I’d probably have been more optimistic.

The Flyers had a bunch of teens and early 20-somethings he couldn’t integrate. Seattle’s entire team almost is in the midst of their primes or just past them. It’s hard to overplay plugs with that roster because there really are none. Hakstol was never an unmitigated disaster with systems — besides o-zone chances. It’s horrifying to think about it, but he’s probably better as an X’s and O’s coach than anyone since. He also was a total asshole, which is why people disliked him so. It’s horrifying to think about it, but he’s probably less of an asshole than anyone since. Go Flyers!
I was definitely being sarcastic to get a PNW reference in for Celsius time because you guys have been picking on C88.

I f***ing hate Shittle though Beniers is a player I like watching.

It is sickening to think he is the least hated we have had since he left.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
View attachment 692685

You can see the precise moment the Hakshell began a little over halfway through after a break.

Shockingly, they’re 19th in xGF/60 when leading. But 3rd in xGA/60. To my point, tendencies don’t seem drastically changed so much as effectiveness and a roster built to his strengths.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
That is exactly my biggest "issue" there - I am used to Sommermannnnnnn saying stupid things. But the idea that somehow a hockey scout came to him (not the other way around) and asked about his opinion about whether there are timing caveats on getting a Bedard ...
Just no. Did. Not. Happen.
it's simple. this quote is so stupid. he has no self-awareness, apparently. dude had a thought, added the scout told me thing to seem relevant and in the loop, and just ended up sounding even more stupider than if he just said, i think it might be too early to get bedard.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
it's simple. this quote is so stupid. he has no self-awareness, apparently. dude had a thought, added the scout told me thing to seem relevant and in the loop, and just ended up sounding even more stupider than if he just said, i think it might be too early to get bedard.

It's a tremendous feat to take a thought that is about as dumb as it gets for sports takes, and find the one surefire way to make it dumber.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
View attachment 692664
this is the second most stupid thing ive ever heard in the last decade the flyers have been shitty. its like saying bill dineen was a great coach and it was upper managements fault.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
That is exactly my biggest "issue" there - I am used to Sommermannnnnnn saying stupid things. But the idea that somehow a hockey scout came to him (not the other way around) and asked about his opinion about whether there are timing caveats on getting a Bedard ...
Just no. Did. Not. Happen.

This was a classic(ally stupid) Eklund technique. He was already a well-known douche on Flyers boards but really rose to prominence nationally during the 2004 lockout, and he did so by blogging on the day-to-day "developments" of lockout negotiations. He invented entire conversations with scouts, agents, players, etc. and reported them breathlessly. My favorite saw him and an agent on their cell phones jumping into their respective cars and speeding off to...???...with one of them asking the other something along the lines of, "Can you believe this is happening?" As if they were being urgently called down to help Bettman settle everything with the players.

And then somehow, shockingly, nothing happened and the lockout continued unabated. I guess they didn't get there in time?

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Atkinson said they were closer than people think. I agree no player is going to publicly admit things are bad. It’s nothing to get upset over.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Atkinson said they were closer than people think. I agree no player is going to publicly admit things are bad. It’s nothing to get upset over.
Yeah, crappy work environments/bosses and tight knit coworkers aren't mutually exclusive things. Obviously the lines about how the team is gonna be good next year/things are looking up are corporate line toeing, but I don't doubt they're largely friendly with each other or have close friends on the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad