Social Media Septic Tank Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The fans didn't, but management might have.

I don't think we (the fans) ever got clarity on that.
They definitely knew Patrick wasn’t that guy. That was the first off-season post-Hextall, so they weren’t worried about him being a 2OV pick anymore. Hayes was definitely the move to make, it was just the contract. But he definitely had a great first year.

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
Now we're not only hand-waving them evaluating Hayes as the guy he was only during his career year, but we're also calling his first year here great. He immediately reverted to being roughly the guy he was in New York right before 18-19. For that one year, Kevin Hayes was roughly a top 20 Forward in the entire league. Other than that, he's always been an acceptable Middle 6 guy. Not even a particularly good one. But fine.

Did their marketing break people's brains?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Now we're not only hand-waving them evaluating Hayes as the guy he was only during his career year, but we're also calling his first year here great. He immediately reverted to being roughly the guy he was in New York right before 18-19. For that one year, Kevin Hayes was roughly a top 20 Forward in the entire league. Other than that, he's always been an acceptable Middle 6 guy. Not even a particularly good one. But fine.

I only piss in urinals now in hopes that they'll start glowing.

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
I only piss in urinals now in hopes that they'll start glowing.

If they were a serious team, they'd bring in David Staples to consult on the urinals instead of this gimmicky stuff.

(Did I go too obscure on this one? I never know how deep some of those infamous Tweets penetrate the culture.)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The fans didn't, but management might have.

I don't think we (the fans) ever got clarity on that.
I would be more inclined to believe this had Fletcher not gone out and said they were going after a center days after the season ended, which also would have been days after Patrick took the hit that may or may not have triggered his migraines. There’s no way they would have known Patrick’s issues were career threatening at that point.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

giphy-downsized-large.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

That’s why I said one year. He centered Konecny for what had been his best year, which was important because Giroux had his ice time and zone starts cut.

People acting like the arrow wasn’t pointing up coming out of the bubble, and I’m the one who was all over some of these guys for supposing the 20 games before the shutdown was the real team.

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
That’s why I said one year. He centered Konecny for what had been his best year, which was important because Giroux had his ice time and zone starts cut.

People acting like the arrow wasn’t pointing up coming out of the bubble, and I’m the one who was all over some of these guys for supposing the 20 games before the shutdown was the real team.

You're talking about 19-20 with the Flyers. When I talk about his career year being different from every other, I'm talking about 18-19 with the Rangers and Jets. 19-20 was right back to the usual fine play.

While we're on the subject of Konecny and his impact on that team, isolates are all pretty uniform in insisting Konecny was driving that line. It was the defining jump of his career to be able to do what he had previously only done with Couturier now without him.

*Edit* It's also worth noting that Couturier still spent more time next to Konecny at 5v5 than any other Forward that Regular Seasons. Hayes was 2nd, but the margin was ~75 Minutes.

Last edited:

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
So the culture is broken like before? How suprising! Rocky is the worst assistant we ever had. Worse than the french tool with french Wodka chief

Nobody will convince me otherwise that Michel wasn’t the worst of the bunch for the last decade.

When the leaks started coming out how players - specifically Jake openly questioned him on his PP strategies it was a beaut.

I’m not sure if Rocky is a good coach, but Michel was a bigger asshole than Torts. Imo anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad